• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Blanton, Kazmir, Colon, Jepsen, etc....

`

That'd be pitchers that got better once they left the Angels, and I think you forgot Fernando Rodney.

Then again, what do Joe Smith, Hector Santiago, Tyler Skaggs and Trevor Gott all have in common?

They all got better once they began working under Butch.

Don't get me wrong, this guy has a crap track record and certainly isn't Bud Black, but I'm not sure we can pin so much on him.

What do these pitchers have in common?

Three of the four sucked for three years then became good again. I'm sure you're implying they got better once they left the Angels, which I'm sure you would have patiently waited while they took steroids, or stepped away from the game to refocus, or stepped away from the buffet. I'm also sure you were a fan of Jepsen while he was up and down in his performance year to year.

These types of threads are ridiculous because they defy logic.

Three of the four sucked for three years then became good again. I'm sure you're implying they got better once they left the Angels, which I'm sure you would have patiently waited while they took steroids, or stepped away from the game to refocus, or stepped away from the buffet. I'm also sure you were a fan of Jepsen while he was up and down in his performance year to year.

These types of threads are ridiculous because they defy logic.

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of Jepsen, but trading him for Joyce was still utter foolishness. 

As for Blanton, I believe this year is similar to Rodney's 2012 season -- a fluke year performing way over his head that will likely never be repeated. 

The Jepsen part blew up because of how poor Joyce has been, but Jepsen was a guy with a big arm that had been in our organization for twelve years or something crazy like that and had one and a half good seasons. Joyce has been AWFUL, but don't kid yourself that we could have gotten something more valuable than an average Joyce season prior to this season.

Did Butcher get any love for his work with Shoemaker last season? How come what he taught Shoemaker worked for him last year but isn't working out as much this year?

How about Garrett Richards' tremendous season last season? Santiago's amazing campaign so far?

they all have or will at some point pitch for the sugarland skeeters?

Colon had a 5 year stretch where he pitched 250 innings that included his last two years with the halos, and stints with boston ant the CWS.

then he played winter ball and came back throwing 97 after having a controversial procedure to inject step cells  or marrow into his shoulder and elbow.  Performed by a doctor who is known to regularly treat his patients with PRP and HGH joint injections.  The doctor flew to the Dominican to perform the procedure.   

Also, Bud Black was Colon's pitching coach when he started going down hill.  

Blanton was out of baseball all last year and was cut by the A's because he couldn't get AAA batters out

We all know the Kazmir story.  

Jepsen hasn't gotten better.  Butcher fixed him last year and then Jerry traded him for an above average hitter who must have had reverse lasix surgery in the offseason.  Jepsen's peripherals are actually worse than they were last year and in line with what he has done the rest of his career.  Actually, his bb rate is up and his K rate down a bit.  He's a ticking time bomb.  

It's funny (actually its pathetic) that some people post stupid stuff just to get a rile out of other members, then leave without offering their view or differing opinion as to why.

Waybackman, where'd you go man? I think we're all waiting to hear your well-thought-out argument as to why these pitchers are performing better now that they're on other teams.

they all have or will at some point pitch for the sugarland skeeters?

Colon had a 5 year stretch where he pitched 250 innings that included his last two years with the halos, and stints with boston ant the CWS.

then he played winter ball and came back throwing 97 after having a controversial procedure to inject step cells  or marrow into his shoulder and elbow.  Performed by a doctor who is known to regularly treat his patients with PRP and HGH joint injections.  The doctor flew to the Dominican to perform the procedure.   

Also, Bud Black was Colon's pitching coach when he started going down hill.  

Blanton was out of baseball all last year and was cut by the A's because he couldn't get AAA batters out

We all know the Kazmir story.  

Jepsen hasn't gotten better.  Butcher fixed him last year and then Jerry traded him for an above average hitter who must have had reverse lasix surgery in the offseason.  Jepsen's peripherals are actually worse than they were last year and in line with what he has done the rest of his career.  Actually, his bb rate is up and his K rate down a bit.  He's a ticking time bomb.  

ALL of this!