• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels looking at Samardzija and Bucholz?

1. Jeff Samardzija, RHP, White Sox — Teams are tempted but don’t know what to make of him because of his 4.53 ERA and struggles this season. His affordability as a rental and the fact that he’s not a No. 1-caliber starter in the eyes of most scouts but a good second or third guy in a rotation make him worth looking at. But the White Sox likely wouldn’t receive a great return. That’s why the same teams looking at Clay Buchholz are looking at Samardzija — the Royals, Tigers, Twins, Blue Jays, Yankees, Cardinals, Orioles, Angels, and Dodgers.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/27/xander-bogaerts-jose-iglesias-debate-rages/iltz5CCTBvP87ifrTc1tKK/story.html

Shark would be a nice pickup.  They can keep Bucholz.  

Only if this were a precursor to a bat but it doesn't really make any sense regardless unless we were going to gut the farm and go all in by acquiring multiple players.  

I would rather the team be .500 for the rest of the year than blow out all of their pitching depth to play for this year.  

Would love Samardzija, as long as we can resign him after this season thought, him and Cespedes would be my dream offseason.

Maybe we give the Sox a mulligan on that Melky Cabrera contract and they give us the Shark! We get to keep our prospects worth a damn.

Edited by CanadianHalo

Maybe we give the Sox a mulligan on that Melky Cabrera contract and they give us the Shark! We get to keep our prospects worth a damn.

I don't think this is a crazy idea. Cabrera has been horrible this year, but his contract isn't that bad and he has hit better in June. If the Sox would eat some money on the deal, I wonder if something like Tropeano/Smith/Bedrosian could get it done.

this feels like fishwrap filler... i mean you always look sure but we need a bat FAR more than we need another arm.   I cant see the club shuffling off arms and bargaining chips for a pitcher regardless of who unless there is another deal lined up for one we have to get the bat.

Then we won't be trading for a pitcher like Smard

He's having a down season in a walk year, there's not much value there. You're out of your mind if you think he'd cost Richards, his name wouldn't even be come up in a trade discussion.

I'm not interested in Samardzija at all, and there's no way in hell he's worth Richards. I have the guy on my fantasy team and have followed all of his starts, and he's been getting hit hard pretty much every start. He's actually given up the most hits in the majors by a decent margin. That's Blanton-esque. 

i'm going the other way. i don't believe the angels pitching is as deep as we want to believe. i think it's ok, but it's due for a major regression. we have no #1 and arguably not a #2 either. if it stays as is, i wouldn't be surprised to see a major pitching collapse in the 2nd half of the season. 

on the other hand, the offense is sputtering tremendously, but without any real reason other than everybody sucking. they're much more likely to improve in the 2nd half, rather than regress. although, sometimes teams just have bad years and this looks like one of those situations for the angels. it seems like the offense could be fixed or at least helped with just a few tweaks, while the pitching staff is in desperate need for a top end starter to lead the staff.

i'm going with contrary to common sense thinking in this situation.

He's having a down season in a walk year, there's not much value there. You're out of your mind if you think he'd cost Richards, his name wouldn't even be come up in a trade discussion.

I mentioned Richards to acquire Smard and a bat, and I said it would be the only way we would be looking for an arm. I do think it's funny that when we talk about this team most say that 3/5's of the rotation is average yet most now say we don't need a guy like Smard. I think the pitching is fine but I want a bat badly.