• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pet Peeve Thread

People who hold their phone up to their mouths while driving.  I don't mind that theyre not using a wireless piece, I think it's a dumb law anyway. But to put it on speaker just to bring it up right to their mouth isn't doing anything except making them look like a joke.  Everytime I see one, I literally, yes literally, think "What a ****ing idiot"

Anyone else notice 95% of the time, it's a girl?

Elderly folk who act rude and entitled. There's a lot of talk these days about how teenagers are disrespectful and selfish, but I've encountered far more old people who were impolite. And I work with teenagers.

People who don't re-rack their weights at the gym. Johnny Four-FortyFives needs to remember that there are weaklings like me who can barely lift heavier than the bar.

People who re-rack their weights but in the wrong spots, leading to a disorganized mess.

The PSI:  Personal Space Invader.

I'm getting this alot at the grocery store lately.  I'll check out an item on the shelf or freezer and someone has to stand right next to me looking at something in the same area. 

I was in the store yesterday looking at an item and this couple comes over and the dude points at whatever and has his finger about 6 inches from me.  Dude, back the F up!

PSI's also love to get right in your bidness in the check out line.  Like the checker is going to work that much faster because they've moved their hemmoroid cream closer to the register.  The worst is the a-hole who PSI's while on their cell phone.  As Kool Moe Dee once said:  Smell the coffee, back up off me. 

The PSI:  Personal Space Invader.

I'm getting this alot at the grocery store lately.  I'll check out an item on the shelf or freezer and someone has to stand right next to me looking at something in the same area. 

I was in the store yesterday looking at an item and this couple comes over and the dude points at whatever and has his finger about 6 inches from me.  Dude, back the F up!

PSI's also love to get right in your bidness in the check out line.  Like the checker is going to work that much faster because they've moved their hemmoroid cream closer to the register.  The worst is the a-hole who PSI's while on their cell phone.  As Kool Moe Dee once said:  Smell the coffee, back up off me.

Asians at Disneyland.

The female species of the Americanized Asian are a delicate matter.  The millenials are awful.  They are entitled like their 'American' counterparts and some of them have an extra chip on their shoulder I think because they are worried that you will perceive them as a delicate Asian flower.  So they go overboard with the defensiveness.

All Asians. Especially the fresh ones. The Americanized ones aren't too bad.

My oldest daughter is the ultimate AmerAsian. She's tall, beautiful, and fully fluent in both American culture and that of her mom. I've seen her wrap well-to-do young men from America, Philippines, Holland, and Bahrain around her finger. She will be a complete ballbuster when she gets married so I hope she chooses a guy who can handle it.

Her pet peeve- people who ask "what are you?" when they can't identify her background.

• 1 year later...

People who bump old threads.

Also, the way words are painted on roads, to be read bottom to top (or as you drive over them, I guess) as opposed to how we normally read.  it makes no sense, because as a driver you can see all the words at the same time; it's not like a Star Wars intro.  To me it always reads "AHEAD STOP" instead of "STOP AHEAD."

Motorcyclists who ride between lanes of traffic during a traffic jam.

Lanes of a street or highway that are blocked off with no apparent work going on.

Automated calling systems that tell me to "Press 1" for the native language of my own country.

Automated calling systems that require me to talk to a machine rather than selecting numbers from a keypad.

People who try to tell me that I have won some kind of trip when all they want to do is hawk time shares.

People who won't stop talking. I work with someone who takes three minutes to tell me 20 seconds of information, most of which I've already figured out within ten seconds of the beginning of her comments. When she ends a phone call it has endless amounts of Okays thrown it, too.

1.  When the American flag is hanging down (sideways?) and the field of blue is not on the left.  I see this all the time, at WalMart, school auditoriums, television, movies...

2.  When a salute is rendered in a movie where the theme is the military (especially a war movie) and the culprit has his (or her) hand halfway across their forehead, or the salute is just shy of a Benny Hill type salute.

People who pass me and then slow down below my speed.

People with a basket full of stuff who cut in front of me at the checkout line when I am carrying one or two items.

People who have to chat up the cashier when there is a long line behind them.

Places with 30 checkout lines and three cashiers on duty during busy times.