• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charlie Blackmon?

Angels were scouting Rockies 3B prospect Ryan McMahon this past week, if that gets any of our creative juices flowing.  Make of it what you will, maybe they're in the process of creating a package. Maybe they're just paying due diligence. 

Source? Is it yourself?

Anyways, he is another L/R guy that K's a lot.  He has a nice walk rate and is projected to have pretty good power eventually.  Local kid too.  

Edited by KevinJ14

Source? Is it yourself?

Anyways, he is another L/R guy that K's a lot.  He has a nice walk rate and is projected to have pretty good power eventually.  Local kid too.  

Yeah I've watched him a few times, know all the surface things there is to know.  I like his swing and defense.  Garrett and I over at MWAH have been talking it over, can't really figure out what the deal is, mostly because there are so many possible scenarios in play. The Angels might be in on Blackmon or CarGo, and are willing to give up something significant but are wanting something more in return.  Or it could simply turn into a Tropeano-McMahon swap. 

Who knows.  To clear it up, I certainly don't. 

Any player coming out of colorado makes me nervous.  

I am tentative about NL players as a whole.

I certainly like their minor leaguers though.

They are a franchise were a heavy dose of statistical analysis needs to be done when evaluating the performance end of their minor leaguers -- not unlike the Angels system, they have a massive discrepancy in how they High A and AAA parks play.  Pretty wild park effect data.

McMahon looks solid, but his numbers this year are inflated by a babip 100 points above the league average.  The flip side is his power numbers are being suppressed by a home park with a HR index of 65.