• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SOE: Angels need to trade for Ryan Howard

Anthony Castrovince seems to think the Angels and Phils would make a good match for Ryan Howard.  They think a lower prospect like Alcantara would be enough to get Howard assuming the Phils would eat all but 7.5 million of his contract. 

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/132642996/pitching-five-realistic-MLB-trades?partnerId=ed-9401368-658620023

Let me add my "no" to the collection.  No.

Funny, a month ago I might have said differently.  That's why I'd be a terrible GM.

Ha, I was just thinking that too....a month or so ago, many people were in favor of acquiring Howard because of his decent stats (sample size!).   Now its the complete opposite.  Maybe in another month he'll come around again and there will be more discussion.

I'd say if Howard costs 5 million a year and costs no more than a middling prospect in A Ball, then sure. He'd be a decent platoon DH.

But even then, I'm leaning toward no. I mean why hold a platoon DH unless there's the opportunity to grow into more, which I don't see in Howard.