• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So much for stealing bases (Troutrage)

Freese hits, Pujols is potentially walked intentionally a little less, which means that Trout can try to steal 2B more often.

there is no way Freese will ever hit good enough to

have teams prefer pitching to Pujols

none

Really though, the only way Trout steals more bases is if:

1. We have another Pujols type hitting behind Pujols

2. Mike Trout is moved to the leadoff spot.

3. He doesn't give a shit about the signs Scioscia lays down and runs on his own.

Leave Gia at leadoff. Bat Trout second. Calhoun third. Pujols at cleanup. Replace Scioscia. Problem solved.

Hey, did you guys hear that Terry Francona ate 17 grape fruit ice sticks in one night and got sick.  And we worry about Scioscia eating too much spaghetti, SOTO where are you?

Here's the link:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/06/24/how-terry-francona-ate-17-ice-pops-in-one-sitting-and-lived-to-tell-the-tale/

Edited by tomsred

And which automatic out do you pencil in 3rd?

Calhoun. Maybe it will help him out. It's nice to be able to go R-L-R in the order.

It gives Trout more chances to run, decreases the number of times Trout comes up with 2 outs and no one on, and increases the number of times Pujols comes up with men on base.

When you're one of the greatest hitters of all time and you're hitting the ball well, you'll be pitched around with first base open and runners on second or third. Unless you put Trout behind Albert, but then you have to think two things, one of you put Trout behind Albert won't that lessen the times someone is on 2nd or 3rd with Albert coming up. Two, do you really want to give Trout less at bats? I guess there's one more thing, won't they just pitch around Trout to get to Freese, thus taking the bat out of the best player in the game?

When you're one of the greatest hitters of all time and you're hitting the ball well, you'll be pitched around with first base open and runners on second or third. Unless you put Trout behind Albert, but then you have to think two things, one of you put Trout behind Albert won't that lessen the times someone is on 2nd or 3rd with Albert coming up. Two, do you really want to give Trout less at bats? I guess there's one more thing, won't they just pitch around Trout to get to Freese, thus taking the bat out of the best player in the game?

Jason Kipnis is on the Indians.

Anyone think that since Albert has found the fountain of youth that stealing in front of him would not be a good idea. After all would you want first base open with Freese on deck?

Trout hasn't stolen a base in over a month, since May 22, and is stuck at 8 SB through 73 games played. Last year at this point he had...9 SB.

WTF?

The reason I'd like to see Trout behind Pujols is because I believe Pujols needs the protection more so than Trout does, especially over the long haul.  Pujols is hot right now, but I don't see it lasting over the entire season with Freese/Calhoun/Joyce hitting behind him.  Pujols has 5 intentional walks right now, and that number will rise significantly the longer Freese/Joyce are hitting behind him.  With Trout behind him, those walks will be offset.

Trout will hit regardless of who's behind him, so I think he should be protecting Pujols, and with both among the league leaders in extra base hits, I don't think Pujols will be clogging the bases all that often.  I just don't want to see Pujols fall back into an extended slump to the point he can't recover.  With Trout protecting him, any slump should be short lived.