• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rasmus and Morin

Is it possible though that he tips his pitches with runners on base?

Seems that he normally does well starting off an inning.   Coming in with runner(s) on, or allowing a runner to reach base, seems to unravel him a lot.

I think that if he was tipping his pitches his strike outs and walks wouldn't be as good as they are?

It's particularly relevant because his K%-BB% is very good on both sides of the plate. High strikeouts and low walks are indicative of a good pitcher meaning that those he hasn't struck out have gotten an unnatural number of hits, particularly left-handed hitters. His ERA should be closer to what I stated above.

I get poor defense, tough pitcher's park, etc. but, when you look at the overall stats from several years (Salas is not a rookie) it's not the "out of his control" stuff or just bad luck that could be making his overall numbers pretty average or below average (this year)....he's just not consistently effective for some reason, no matter what his K/BB rate is....not smart enough to know what it is but, with as much time as he has in with 2 pretty good teams (Cards and Angels), I think it's fair to say he's just a mediocre pitcher (streaky perhaps but mediocre at the end of the day).....maybe the numbers say that he still could be a more effective and consistent pitcher....but, to this point, he's just not very good.....

Maybe his BF ("Balls Factor") is low, indicating he doesn't have the balls to come in with runners on and get out of the situation with minimal damage.

The "official" name for that is the pucker factor and if he's taking advice from CJ, then that could be the problem. I think its CJ advice affecting Cam also. The 3 of them could whisle a tune with all the puckering.

If either one of these guys, Morin or Rasmus could make it back and be effective -- it would really fill that hole in the pen of the middle inning bridge guys.

our rotation this year has exceeded expectations and now that mid-season is upon us -- it seems some of the rotation guys will tire and revert to pre-season expectations (overall) -- so the middle inning pen guys here could be crucial.

Morin pitched well for us last season......would be great to see him back on the mound and in fine form.

Rasmus was a bit more spotty -- but had some good outings.

I get poor defense, tough pitcher's park, etc. but, when you look at the overall stats from several years (Salas is not a rookie) it's not the "out of his control" stuff or just bad luck that could be making his overall numbers pretty average or below average (this year)....he's just not consistently effective for some reason, no matter what his K/BB rate is....not smart enough to know what it is but, with as much time as he has in with 2 pretty good teams (Cards and Angels), I think it's fair to say he's just a mediocre pitcher (streaky perhaps but mediocre at the end of the day).....maybe the numbers say that he still could be a more effective and consistent pitcher....but, to this point, he's just not very good.....

Yeah I'm not saying he's a great reliever I'm just saying that he's had some bad luck on balls in play against left-handed hitters which has inflated his ERA. You're right he's not elite by any means but I'm just saying he's not performing to his potential at the moment (and maybe he won't who knows for sure).

Salas sucks and I'm more than ready to give up on him. The truly bizarre thing about him is that, in the middle of about four years of sucking he put in what is one of the best months for a relief pitcher ever last August. 15 IP in 13 games with 0 BB, 18 K, 0 runs allowed, a WHIP of 0.267 and an opponents' OPS of .204. He went back to being truly terrible the next month and has continued that ever since, but damn was he impressive for that stint.

My thing with Salas is I've never been able to figure out why he was good when he was good because I didn't really see any difference in his stuff when he was bad.  It's like he just throws and whatever happens, happens.   With Jeppy, you could see what he was doing when he was right, and what he was doing when he was wrong.   Ditto Bedrosian..   With Salas...  No effing clue.

I am willing to give Bedrosian more time, but Salas is a different story.

I'll give more time for him too but he can work on it in the minors though I wonder what good it'll do since he has already proven he can dominate there. He is already better than he was last year in the majors. He's going to be a solid reliever. Filthy stuff