• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Props to Andrew Heaney!!

Chuck

6 IP, 1ER, 5 K. Great start!

I don't give two shits about his Triple-A ERA when his home stats vs. road stats are night/day different (3.65 ERA on the road, 6.09 ERA at home), not to mention it's a tough league to pitch in regardless. Las Vegas. El Paso and Reno suck balls too.

Chuck I love your enthusiasm

But let some teams get film on him then let the front office judge

6 IP, 1ER, 5 K. Great start!

I don't give two shits about his Triple-A ERA when his home stats vs. road stats are night/day different (3.65 ERA on the road, 6.09 ERA at home), not to mention it's a tough league to pitch in regardless. Las Vegas. El Paso and Reno suck balls too.

So do Albuquerque & Colorado Springs (elevation approx 6500').

pleasantly surprised by how well he pitched...a few more of these games and we have some real options ahead of us.   our offense is so bad im a little leary of thinking a piece or two can change it.  maybe we should have swapped out kendrick for gordon :)  , but then we would not have johnG   forget it.

Great job today.  He was spotting his fastball early in the game which is a big key for him.  Then he went to the slider more and actually got even better.  

At first I thought he was getting squeezed but after reviewing brooks baseball it appears that Hirshbeck did a very good job.  Heaney just threw a lot of pitchers pitches.  

It will be interesting to see what happens when his fastball command isn't as good, but kudos to him for bringing it.  

He pitched his ass off, and could have gone longer. The one run he gave up was largely due to Joyce misplaying a ball (subject to interpretation, but I think the route/judgment was terrible). Bottom line: He did a GREAT job.

Edited by Don

Heaney's a huge part of the Angels future, along with Newcomb, Skaggs, Richards and Ellis. I can't wait for that day.

Also, I spoke with someone who should know these sorts of things and he says it's really unlikely the Angels trade a pitcher from their rotation this season. Teams that are buying at the deadline don't deal from their current roster and teams that are selling in-season do not want higher priced vets. Santiago's caught in the middle of the two.

Chances are the Angels will build a package around guys like Rhoades, Nate Smith and Vic Alcantara. That should be enough to get a halfway decent LF for a year or two.