• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joyce is going to get the ax tomorrow. (My guess)

Actually, anybody know when Cowgill is set to return? Dude can't hit either but at least he can play defense. Whenever Cowgill returns is when Joyce likely gets DFA....unless he goes on a tear but lol at that

According to this, he's actually supposed to start hitting today, after suffering a setback in mid-June. It sounds as though it might be a little while yet, though. Totally agree that defensively at least Cowgill's better.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/update/25222209/angels-collin-cowgill-to-begin-hitting-again-on-wednesday

we seem to have at least one player every year that just turns into dead weight.

i'll always have hope that guys like joyce can snap out of it, but after three months, it's hard to keep hope alive.

I see it now:

We DFA Joyce, someone like the Rangers gets to pick him up for the minimum, and he has a career resurgence.

There's nothing much better for him to resurge to, he's not that much better than the guy he has been in May and June so far.  He was never meant to be anything more than support for Hamilton, and we all know how much "help" Hamilton gave us.  If you go back in time to this past off season, I believe we would have traded for someone significantly better than Joyce, especially if we knew that Hamilton's contribution would be a big fat zero.

Dipoto brought Ibanez in and the amount of money owed to Joyce is not going to be a deterrent. Just ask, Appier, Finley, Hillebrand, Blanton, Hamilton, Wells, Madsen and I'm probably missing a few.

I don't think that Dipoto will cut Joyce because this years budget is set. He will attempt to trade Joyce to some team who will take over payments.

The only reason Joyce is still here is because he's left-handed. Otherwise, they'd probably roll with Cron just because if he figures it out, he solves a lot of problems. I don't think DFA-ing Joyce is necessary when you can keep him as a power lefty bat off the bench until he's for sure back to form.

We have enough roster flexibility to acquire someone and still keep Joyce.

I don't think that Dipoto will cut Joyce because this years budget is set. He will attempt to trade Joyce to some team who will take over payments.

Ok so last year they cut Ibanez when they were right up against the luxury tax threshold but this year they won't cut Joyce when they are $15 million under the threshold, because "this years budget is set"?

The only reason Joyce is still here is because he's left-handed. Otherwise, they'd probably roll with Cron just because if he figures it out, he solves a lot of problems. I don't think DFA-ing Joyce is necessary when you can keep him as a power lefty bat off the bench until he's for sure back to form.

We have enough roster flexibility to acquire someone and still keep Joyce.

but he has no power