• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Santiago

Blarg

This is where I have a big problem with Butcher.

Every start Victor, and more

Importantly Gubi talk ad nauseum about his work rate and his inability to execute on fewer pitches.

It's clear he has great stuff. HRs have killed him despite having a 2.70 era or whatever it is now.

Butcher should be fixing this and instructing him how to finish batters off on fewer pitches.

It's nice to have Gott, Smith, Street as 7-8-9, but would be nice to have a starter go 8 or 9 every once in a while to save the pen.

If we all think it's a pitching coach problem and yet it hasn't been resolved, then it's probably not a pitching coach problem. If it was as simple as that then Jerry would have made the move. CoughHatcherCough

Don't fire butcher, but consult someone, a pitching great, a pitching coach in the system, Gubi, whatever.

I laugh as I hear Victor and Gubi scratch their heads about the management of this team.

Victor basically called Sosh an idiot last night for having Navarro, who clearly can't bunt worth a shit, bunt or Ianetta, another guy who can't bunt worth a shit.

If your home announcers are calling you out game in and game out, they think there's some weak ass leadership going on too.

I guarantee you, a guy like Gubi thinks he can fix Santiago. I don't even like Gubi, but i gather he's very smart and effective with things of that nature.

If we all think it's a pitching coach problem and yet it hasn't been resolved, then it's probably not a pitching coach problem. If it was as simple as that then Jerry would have made the move. CoughHatcherCough

Stead, I love you buddy, but your hands have to be calloused from stroking angel management shaft. It's great to see after all these years the slight cracks in the foundation for your support for Sosh. But you've got the blindest eye for this team - a team that is playing to a record befitting of their capabilities.

Soto, it's simple, I blame players who have success and are no longer having success if they are still young or in their prime. I blame Dipoto for the likes of Niewenheiss, Marte, Robertson. I blame Sosh for keeping a pitcher in too long, but I don't blame him for not going with Smith day in and day out at the risk of over using them. Dipoto has no loyalty to Butcher, so if he felt like Butcher wasn't doing the right thing he would make the move. So who do you blame for Shoe this year? The same one you'd give credit to for last year? I also agree with you that players like Santiago should also seek additional help. Everyone of us learn differently and not every coach with connect with every player.

Have to agree with Jeff here, Santiago is also holding opposing batters to a .218 AVG, which is 18th best in baseball among qualified starters. His horizontal and vertical pitch movement combined with excellent spin rates makes his pitches difficult to see resulting in a lot of infield pop-ups (13.2% which is ranked 14th best in baseball) and fly outs.

Because he is such a high fly ball pitcher you see some of those balls leave the yard but he has certainly produced good results as of late.

I don't get this thread at all.

Isn't Santiago 7th in the league in ERA and pitching a lot more innings than last year?

My intent was a twist on the Code Red of Pvt Santaigo in A Few Good Men. Instead of taking the beating he should be filling pillow cases with bars of soap and swinging like madman at the bullpen and offense that seems to piss away his games.

Some people thought it was their que to bag on him.