• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sounds like Madson may be close

How close is that?  Probably still a couple more weeks at least, though, right?  I don't think he'll go from throwing on flat ground to pitching in the majors overnight.

I have no idea and Alden said he didn't either but it's the first time we've heard something about him in a while. I'd imagine if he's moving to the bullpen to throw now that he should be ready in a week or 2. 

How close is that?  Probably still a couple more weeks at least, though, right?  I don't think he'll go from throwing on flat ground to pitching in the majors overnight.

Throwing on flat ground then heading to the mound.  He has been throwing off the mound for a couple weeks now.  Most likely he is 10-15 days away from pitching for the Angels if he starts throwing in games in the next couple days.

Throwing on flat ground then heading to the mound.  He has been throwing off the mound for a couple weeks now.  Most likely he is 10-15 days away from pitching for the Angels if he starts throwing in games in the next couple days.

My guess is he would throw at least a few simulated innings with a day or two of rest in between before he goes on a rehab tour in the minors. All of which should take at least a couple of weeks or more, barring any setbacks. Just a hunch.

Remember, it's like he is in the first week of spring training, and assuming all goes well, that could possibly be a month.

The first part of ST is throwing bullpens which is what he has been doing for weeks.  His throwing off flat ground today was just to get stretched out before his bullpen.  He would only need maybe 5 appearances at most before being ready.  10-15 days.

The first part of ST is throwing bullpens which is what he has been doing for weeks.  His throwing off flat ground today was just to get stretched out before his bullpen.  He would only need maybe 5 appearances at most before being ready.  10-15 days.

I hope you're right, we could sure use someone to hold down a lead. When we get one.

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 1m

Big step today for #Angels RH Ryan Madson, who threw 40-pitch pen at 100 percent effort. "Let go of 3 Ps with conviction, extension, no pain

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 3m

Madson felt like he could pitch in game tonight. Will throw to batters by end of week, should start rehab by end of next week. #Angels

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR 2m

Ryan Madson said he felt so good after today's bullpen session his goal is being active on May 1. #Angels

This is great news.  One additional, dependable arm in a bullpen can be a significant change.  If he is solid immediately, we then have Madson, Frieri and Burnett at the very least.  At that point, if Downs and Jepsen can get their sh!t together and/or Roth has continued success we could suddenly get a little more productive pen.

Scioscia on Madson as of 4/14.

"He's got some work to do, but he's getting better," Scioscia said. "He's throwing bullpens now and he's throwing bullpens at 100 percent, which is a great sign. If he continues to do that, I think there is a reasonable timetable of when he can get into a Minor League game."

Looks like he's still at least a couple weeks out.