• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Escaped Prisoners

Why do we go crazy deploying hundreds of police officers, and spending what is now over a million dollars, trying to hunt down escaped prisoners? 

Law enforcement doesn't do this for murderers who have never been caught, so why is this any different? 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/new-york-prison-break/

A person had reported seeing two men along a railroad line Saturday in the town of Friendship in Allegany County, New York State Police said.

While state police called the report an "unconfirmed sighting," a law enforcement source briefed on the prisoner investigation told CNN there was a credible sighting of Matt, 48, and Sweat, 35, near Friendship.

About 300 law enforcement officers searched the area, Maj. Michael Cerretto of the New York State Police said Sunday afternoon at a press conference. Canine units and aircraft were used in the search, he said.

Why do we go crazy deploying hundreds of police officers, and spending what is now over a million dollars, trying to hunt down escaped prisoners?

Law enforcement doesn't do this for murderers who have never been caught, so why is this any different?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/new-york-prison-break/

A person had reported seeing two men along a railroad line Saturday in the town of Friendship in Allegany County, New York State Police said.

While state police called the report an "unconfirmed sighting," a law enforcement source briefed on the prisoner investigation told CNN there was a credible sighting of Matt, 48, and Sweat, 35, near Friendship.

About 300 law enforcement officers searched the area, Maj. Michael Cerretto of the New York State Police said Sunday afternoon at a press conference. Canine units and aircraft were used in the search, he said.

Well these guys were caught and convicted already. So spending the money to find them means two murderers will be put behind bars. Spending money on investigations doesn't always lead to murderers being imprisoned.

If police doesn't look for them they are lazy and not doing their job. If they look for them it is now wasted resources. Being a policeman must suck.

Yes, I think they should look for them.  I was commenting on the excessiveness(?) of the manpower deployed, as described in the article. 

It may or may not have been a confirmed sighting, but they deployed 300 officers, K-9's, and aircraft.

Also probably for the citizens of upstate NY--I'm sure its not easy sleeping at night knowing there are two heartless men on the run. 

I do predict that the Hollywood movie detailing this breakout will be in theaters late 2016.

I'm still waiting for the Dorner movie.  

Although I'm disappointed that they aren't in Mexico already trying to restore a boat on a beach.

I'm still waiting for the Dorner movie.

Although I'm disappointed that they aren't in Mexico already trying to restore a boat on a beach.

think theyll send a postcard back to their friends?

If this had happened in a city, with no trail, it would be less 'manhunt' and more 'investigate and track down'. But these guys seemingly are on foot, so theres a realistic chance of catching them.

I dont know much about them, but i know both are convicted murders, one of whom kidnapped,tortured aNd killed someone he knew....id say combine their pasts, with them being together (likely), and the fact they already have nothing to lose....theyre an absolute threat to the public

i wonder what the hell the prison guard was thinking? I assume she thought she wouldnt get caught...i assume...or did she not even think that far?

From what I understand she wasn't a correctional officer. She worked in the garment factory. Her husband works in the same department but in a different area. She had a sexual relationship with one or both of the men at one time. One of them was moved out of the shop two years ago because of suspicions of an improper relationship.

We had a similar situation where I once worked. A records officer in our mental health unit was suspected of an improper relationship with one of our inmate porters. My boss and I questioned her about it and she denied everything. She was later caught in a clinch with another inmate in a storage room and she was immediately dismissed. Threw away a career of 20+ years. At least there was no escape.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

David Sweat was shot twice by a New York State Police officer while running across a field near Constable, NY. The officer was alone when he spotted the escaped inmate. He was captured alive and taken to an Albany hospital.

David Sweat shot and captured alive after New York manhunt

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

He was apparently trying to cross into Canada. He was within ten miles or so of the border, and about 16 miles away from where his fellow escapee was killed by the Border Patrol.

I'm guessing that these guys had no real plan, and that they were counting on their employee accomplice to drive them to wherever they wanted to go. Once they were out and they realized that they had been stood up, they just went into survival mode. I'm glad that no one (besides the escapees) was hurt or killed as a result of this.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan