• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Death by a thousand cuts.

this season so far.  

it's making my eyes bleed.  

it's like that relationship back in high school where you would break up and get back together like 10 times thinking something is gonna change.  

hovering around .500 is painful.  

I am not sure what to do about it, but it's so damn boring.  

this season so far.

it's making my eyes bleed.

it's like that relationship back in high school where you would break up and get back together like 10 times thinking something is gonna change.

hovering around .500 is painful.

I am not sure what to do about it, but it's so damn boring.

Something, something, something, surprise anal, relationship over.

I think this team is mediocre in every sense. Other than Trout, and the last few weeks Pujols, nobody on the team is really that much better than average. Even Richards has been very mediocre this year.

And it isn't like we can point to a bunch of guys having unexpected down seasons. Weaver has been terrible, but everyone saw it coming. Shoemaker has been terrible, but we all knew that was a possibility. I guess Joyce has been far worse than we all expected, but Giavotella and Pujols have been far better, so it balances out.

The most frustrating aspect of this team are those games where they score 7+ runs. It makes us optimistic of the offense especially when they manage to play like Friday, but then bats go cold for long stretches after those blowout games; it's so bizarre. 

Edited by failos

I think this team is mediocre in every sense. Other than Trout, and the last few weeks Pujols, nobody on the team is really that much better than average. Even Richards has been very mediocre this year.

And it isn't like we can point to a bunch of guys having unexpected down seasons. Weaver has been terrible, but everyone saw it coming. Shoemaker has been terrible, but we all knew that was a possibility. I guess Joyce has been far worse than we all expected, but Giavotella and Pujols have been far better, so it balances out.

Add in Aybar, Freese and the catchers as offensive duds too

The most frustrating aspect of this team are those games where they score 7+ runs. It makes us optimistic of the offense especially when they manage to play like Friday, but then bats go cold for long stretches after those blowout games; it's so bizarre.

We can't beat good pitching.

Not a good time to let this season go to waste with trout and albert playing so well. Time to go all in. There is a short window with them both playing this good.

im more worried about wasting street to be honest. Who knows how long albert is old school vs old. Trouts here for another few years. Streets the first bonafide closer weve had in years. Im not saying make a move because of him, just that he'll be gone before trout

Not a good time to let this season go to waste with trout and albert playing so well. Time to go all in. There is a short window with them both playing this good.

We really can't. This team is not good enough to sacrifice the future for. I think trading CJ for an outfield bat might be a good idea, but probably not enough to turn the ship around. Ultimately we are less than average all the way around the diamond right now with exception to Trout and Pujols.

The real question is where can we really improve for the next couple of seasons? We need to spend some money this off season and hope it pays off for once. 

This series against the Astros starting tonight will make or break the season. It's kind of similar to that 4 game series against the A's last season. In that case the Angels ended up sweeping, built momentum and eventually won the division. Hopefully the same thing happens this time.

Edited by ScottLux

The Angels are not in a great position right now due to guys they counted on at least matching their career numbers not performing on offense.  Fact is, despite having depth at SP, they really don't have a lot of players to deal unless they plan on disrupting their "Retooling" process.  Heaney, Tropeano, Newcomb, Skaggs - these guys, along with GRich, are your future rotation pieces with Weaver and Wilson gone when their contracts end and Santiago/Shoemaker possibly traded or in the BP.    I think at this point, you only trade cost-controlled SP for cost-controlled offensive pieces and not expensive vets - value for value.  WIth the pitching this team has already, I think it will continue tread water, maybe ripoff a streak or two, but can't see it going beyond 85-86 wins with this currnet offense as too much of it depends on two guys.

Edited by mulwin444