• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward

More Scioscia goodness, trying to be anal retentive with all of his catchers?

Scioscia has absolutely nothing to do with the low minor leagues and little to no influence on the other levels because he has a major league team to run and that is a full time job. 

I know Scioscia has nothing to do with the draft or anything, but I don't think it hurts that the Angels chose to draft a guy that is basically Scioscia's wet-dream at catcher. If either Carlos Perez or Jett Bandy don't perform as well as they're capable of, we might see them rush Ward up to the major leagues.

Scioscia has absolutely nothing to do with the low minor leagues and little to no influence on the other levels because he has a major league team to run and that is a full time job.

I see the people here who blame Scioscia for everything including who they draft are similar to the people that post political stuff on FB where the other side NEVER does anything right. In other words they are ridiculous.

I know Scioscia has nothing to do with the draft or anything, but I don't think it hurts that the Angels chose to draft a guy that is basically Scioscia's wet-dream at catcher. If either Carlos Perez or Jett Bandy don't perform as well as they're capable of, we might see them rush Ward up to the major leagues.

Outside of Trout can you name any players in the last 15 seasons that were rushed to the majors? If anything catchers have the longest run in the minors.

I see the people here who blame Scioscia for everything including who they draft are similar to the people that post political stuff on FB where the other side NEVER does anything right. In other words they are ridiculous.

, any of those people self ban if a local election doesn't go their way?

Outside of Trout can you name any players in the last 15 seasons that were rushed to the majors? If anything catchers have the longest run in the minors.

You're quite right that catchers typically have a long run in the minors. That being said, Ward is a collegiate catcher and a first round pick, so it seems likely he'd climb faster than the rest.

The Angels specifically are quite conservative when it comes to promoting prospects. They're MUCH slower than other organizations. Outside of Trout, the only position player I'm aware of that was rushed was Kole Calhoun.

Even Kole didn't see his first MLB game until he was 24. It seems like there is a lot of younger talent being promoted by other clubs while the Angels hold guys down, saying they need to work on things.

Many of those growing pains could be sorted out at the MLB level and personally I feel it accelerates their skills to face that higher challenge. I just don't think Scioscia has much patience for rookies and for many seasons the Angels have been too competitive to wait for talent to catch up.

You're quite right that catchers typically have a long run in the minors. That being said, Ward is a collegiate catcher and a first round pick, so it seems likely he'd climb faster than the rest.

The Angels specifically are quite conservative when it comes to promoting prospects. They're MUCH slower than other organizations. Outside of Trout, the only position player I'm aware of that was rushed was Kole Calhoun.

At the time I didn't think Calhoun had been rushed enough. Before the 2013 season I wanted to see us let Torii Hunter walk, then go with an outfield of Bourjos, Trout and Calhoun, with Wells as a backup. 

I wanted to see us keep Morales as our left handed power and pursue other pitchers if Greinke decided not to re-sign.