• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stats on that Pujols HR

Albert Pujols: 540th career HR is a grand slam. His 20th HR of season, 13th career grand slam It left the park quickly- 3.20 seconds

Hit 20 HR in 14 of First 15 Seasons Albert Pujols (20th tonight) Chipper Jones Frank Robinson Hank Aaron Eddie Mathews Willie Mays

Albert Pujols’ HR matched the lowest apex for any HR hit this season

CH6vYslWcAANq70.png

62 retweets81 favorites
 Retweet62

205 go-ahead HR for Albert Pujols is 44 more than any other player since 2001

Wow, see those are the type of stats that I find interesting. Awesome stuff.

Those types of stats are why I watched the TB feed instead of the Angels feed when they played each other.   The TB telecasts is constantly showing the Statscast info -- I wish Victor and Gubi referenced those stats more often.

^I gotta be honest when I listen/watch to the opposing teams radio/video feed (Sirius Radio), I really seem to hear a lot more detail as far as whats happening on the field as well as statistics and interesting facts about not only who we're facing, but also a lot about the Angels. I don't know if it's just not the Angels commentating style, but I really wish they were better about going into details about stuff like this. Sometimes it feels like we miss out on things.

^I gotta be honest when I listen/watch to the opposing teams radio/video feed (Sirius Radio), I really seem to hear a lot more detail as far as whats happening on the field as well as statistics and interesting facts about not only who we're facing, but also a lot about the Angels. I don't know if it's just not the Angels commentating style, but I really wish they were better about going into details about stuff like this. Sometimes it feels like we miss out on things.

Exactly. When I listen to other teams feeds, I feel like I learn more about our players than I do listening to our announcers.

Those types of stats are why I watched the TB feed instead of the Angels feed when they played each other.   The TB telecasts is constantly showing the Statscast info -- I wish Victor and Gubi referenced those stats more often.

Yeah, it'd fit in perfectly between Victor making fun of Gubi and complaining about the pace of the game.

Exactly. When I listen to other teams feeds, I feel like I learn more about our players than I do listening to our announcers.

During a commercial break I once cut to a Royals vs Rangers game back when Napoli was still with the Rangers. Physioc went on a long tangent talking about Mike Scioscia and the situation with Jeff Mathis and Napoli on the angels including a lot of naked speculation about what was h going on behind the scenes in the Angels clubhouse.

Edited by ScottLux

I've been saying Victor is pretty sub par since day 1. Anyone who says "oppo taco" I'm kinda done with. Gubi is just bland. It's been a long time since an angel announcer enlightened me. Langston is actually really good imo.

Don't forget "drive home safely" when talking to a television audience watching from home.

Don't forget "drive home safely" when talking to a television audience watching from home.

I love "drive home safely."

Victor is plenty critical of the team. But as we have seen time and again, be too critical, and you will get canned.

Hating on Victor is a simple case of "Familiarity breeds contempt", because the guy is really good. I think announcing is one of those things where everyone has a preference or a style they like, but to me he sounds professional, and it sounds like we have a guy that could easily be a national TV guy, unlike having Physioc or Hudler.

I like stats as much as the next guy but I'd rather not get lost in them during the broadcast unless they work to support a point of strategy or pertain to what's upcoming. There's plenty of time to parse the detailed stats after the game while others on the board are complaining about the lineup or the 19th round draft pick they made back in '07.

Edited by arch stanton

I like Gubi as a person, but he doesn't compliment Victor well.

A baseball old timer or a spaz like Hud would work better with him.

Gubi and Langston need to swap jobs. Victor and Langston would complement each other very well. Langston both has interesting analysis and would likely prompt Victor to speak more in depth about the game as well. 

Terry Smith and Gubi together would probably result in more people falling asleep at the wheel, which isn't so good. 

I've been saying Victor is pretty sub par since day 1. Anyone who says "oppo taco" I'm kinda done with. Gubi is just bland. It's been a long time since an angel announcer enlightened me. Langston is actually really good imo.

Victor is very good, but the color guy could use some of those stats from Statcaster that every stadium has now to add some color to his analysis.  It's more of adding to what he's doing or rather not doing now than anything else..

Hating on Victor is a simple case of "Familiarity breeds contempt", because the guy is really good. I think announcing is one of those things where everyone has a preference or a style they like, but to me he sounds professional, and it sounds like we have a guy that could easily be a national TV guy, unlike having Physioc or Hudler.

I know some people say they grew to like Hudler -- for me it was more a case of growing to being able to stand him.   His enthusiasm for the game and devotion to the team was real but I really really haven't missed him.   Physioc was far and away the worst guy I've listened to as an Angels fan...

I like stats as much as the next guy but I'd rather not get lost in them during the broadcast unless they work to support a point of strategy or pertain to what's upcoming. There's plenty of time to parse the detailed stats after the game while others on the board are complaining about the lineup or the 19th round draft pick they made back in '07.

This might be a bigger issue -- learning how to use the info readily available to them..  But if the TB telecasts are any example, they used them as a perfect tie in to what was going on.   On a play Trout made to center right, when the OF was shading to it's left, they showed how fast he got up to, how long it took him to get to that speed and the distance he traveled and then comped him to the LFer and combined him to the average times around MLB..  It was a tremendous insight into the player and just how special it is -- and none of the stats had anything to do with sort of discussions we have on here (stats-wise).

Seems to me that whoever produces the TB telecasts is the evil genius behind the information being shown on camera.