• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The bottom line is...

Since we know there won't be any management changes any time soon, you know, due to a certain 10-year contract and all, perhaps someone on the team needs to step up and be the leader that the management isn't. Logically, it should be Trout, but most of the best leaders do so by example, and his example this year, until the last couple of games, has been piss-poor.

AJ, love the read but when you said that you see too much talent on this team you lost me. This team was built on hype with very little heart. The A's on the other hand have heart and no hype. Sadly they are wasting whatever Pujols and Weaver have left in the tank. I keep hearing that its early and I get it. It's just the same old song.

While I tend to agree with you, I'm not sure that the Angels can afford to wait until June 1.  We all have our own opinions about whether to make changes, but if the front office is even contemplating Scioscia's release, they may as well get it done now.  If you wait until June, it will be too late to have any effect on the season.  Also, for the sake of argument, its been more than 13 games.  The team has been a disappointment for a few years now.  Its not just that they've been failing to win the division, but they've been failing to seriously compete when they've had the potential to do so.

There is nothing to do to 'turn things around.' We either wait and see if they right the ship, or we punt the next season or two and have a fire sale.

AJ, love the read but when you said that you see too much talent on this team you lost me. This team was built on hype with very little heart. The A's on the other hand have heart and no hype. Sadly they are wasting whatever Pujols and Weaver have left in the tank. I keep hearing that its early and I get it. It's just the same old song.

This team definitely has talent, regardless if they have "little heart". People weren't projecting them to be world series contenders for nothing.

Any team with Trout, Pujols, Hamilton and Weaver as a core is going to have some talent. But there is definitely something up with the whole chemistry aspect.

It has nothing to do with heart or chemistry.

The problem for the past three years or so has been simple, the organization is poor. There is very little talent here. Take away the free agent signings and we have one of the ugliest teams in baseball, with no hope in sight.

Just look at the players we are running out there - Brendan Harris, JB Shuck, De La Rosa, Lowe, Im sure I'm forgetting some... these are players DiPoto believes are BETTER than anyone else we have in the organization. I'm inclined to agree, especially when you consider the guys we are developing like Andrew Romine.

To bring it back to THE BOTTOM LINE, this is an organization full of sub replacement level players.

We have scoured the league to find those replacement level castoffs that are actual upgrades for us, and we are giving them serious playing time. We spent real money on average / below average players all in the hope that Trout, Weaver, Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson will make them a world series contender.

Pujols has delivered so far, the rest haven't, and thus we are playing like the replacement level team we would be if we didn't have any money to spend.

AngelsLakers Fan brings up a good point. The lack of many good players in our farm system makes it tough when your big leave roster has injuries and under performances. If Blanton and Hanson continue to struggle, Richards is the only guy with much of an upside that can step up this year. The roster was left in a tough spot after the 2009 season and the bad drafts and hug signings have put this team in a tough place. 

Projections = hype. It doesn't look like this team is ready to contend for a Championship.

No doubt. Projections don't have much merit, they're just used to get fans excited about certain teams. I still think this is a 90 win team but this start is making that very unlikely. 

I do agree that it appears we have no leadership. 

Not even sure who that guy would be.   That's a lot to put on Trout's shoulders.  Pujols and Hamilton don't want it.

Maybe Weaver.

I saw Pujols talking to Howie in the dugout Saturday after Howie's base running error. Pujols' next appearance in the ninth was the winning 2 run double.

Pujols has settled down this season and I see him as the leader. 

Weaver? Too much drama.

Weaver has that drive and leads well by example, even to the point of being capable of standing up for a teammate if he's been thrown at.  

Can a pitcher be an on field leader though, given that he's only out there 1 game in 5? 

One would think Pujols would be a leader, but apparently no such luck.

Hamilton is still battling demons, and always will be.   It's a lot to ask of him to be the team leader. 

Trout is too young.    Kendrick is too laid back.    Aybar has some tenacity in him, but I can't see him being a leader. 

Iannetta maybe?

The reason I asked is because this has been a train wreck since the beginning of ST.

At least in 2012, ST went great and then the first 3 weeks happened, but things improved a lot after that (from 6-14 start to 83-59 finish).

spring training doesnt count, 'member

I'm having trouble accepting this season. My Chargers and UNLV Rebels had such bad seasons I felt like I really needed this baseball season and its driving me crazy to watch the train wreck thus far.

I am throwing around a lot of blame but the point is, we are 4-9. At this point, right now, a pretty bad team. Things can change quick but right now, we aren't good from top to bottom.

Being a Charger fan myself I can empathize with you. I am also a Laker fan, and wow, did they ever fail to meet expectations. Baseball is my favorite sport, and I have been very disappointed by what I have been witnessing so far. It is beyond ludicrous.

I'm not joking when I say we need more redass and grit.  Someone to bark at teammates that are lounging and making stupid mental mistakes (errors, baserunning, etc.)  This team is comprised of a bunch of nice guys, and it appears for the past two seasons that they're not prepared (either mentally of physically) coming out of ST.  Whether they're taking their queue from manager or veterans, some fires need to be lit.  Just like in high school, nice guys finish last

Do you really believe Jepsen is hurt? If so, what is the injury he claims he has?

Yes I do think he's hurt he has a strained tricep. I don't get you guys with your conspiracy theories. I'll tell you what, if the team was playing well I doubt people would question the validity of injuries.

The thing is that Average with RISP has been this way the past 2-3 seasons now. 

Nobody has done anything to address it. 

No it really hasn't. It was bad in 2010, but other than that...

In 2012, they were 2% better with RISP than they hit without RISP, and 12% better than the league hit with RISP.

2011: 8% better with RISP, 2% better than the league

2010: 1% better with RISP, 13% WORSE than the league

2009: 11% better with RISP, 18% better than the league