• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

8 hours ago, nate said:

So we are thinking that Kesler is calling out BB for how he handled Getzlaf and Perry?

That is how I read it, yeah.

I'm not sure it's helpful for Kesler to be saying that sort of thing publicly.

9 hours ago, nate said:

So we are thinking that Kesler is calling out BB for how he handled Getzlaf and Perry?

Personally.  I think this was more about Perry this season. 

And the Blackhawks last season.  The Blackhawks coach made a great change in strategy in games 6 and 7 and Boudreau had no answer for it. 

And maybe that is the problem with Boudreau.  You can have a gameplan for a game against a team.  And when you face them once, it usually works out very well.  You have a plan, you execute, you win.  You don't have to face that team again for a few weeks, or a few months.  But in a 7 game series.  You have a plan for the team.  But they have 6 other games to make adjustments, and thus you have to make adjustments.  I think Bruce can win just fine in checkers, but when it comes to chess, he is overmatched and can't counter moves very well.

On June 4, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Gavin said:

The real hitch with the expansion draft is what teams have to do with no movement clauses (NMCs). There are rumors that players with NMCs are exempt, while others have stated that NMC players will have to be protected as well. 

The Ducks will be in trouble if those players aren't exempt; particularly with that awful, AWFUL deal that kicks in for Bieksa next year. Even a buyout for casual Kev sucks for a budget team like the Ducks. We will see, but Stieksa and even Despres to a lesser extent are worrisome obligations in the future. 

NMCs will absolutely have to be protected. That's the game.

What's interesting is that the draft will take place before the "end" of a season wrt contracts (seasons end June 30 and start July 1). They will absolutely have the expansion draft before June 30.

So maybe you've got a guy with a NMC, who's contract ends June 30... And you have to protect him for he draft a week before that because those contracts are legal and bonding; he's still your employee. OUCH.   But if you do the draft draft after June 30, now you have a group of your kids who just went beyond that year 1-2 ELC window, who would thus need protection.

Gonna get interesting.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

NMCs will absolutely have to be protected. That's the game.

What's interesting is that the draft will take place before the "end" of a season wrt contracts (seasons end June 30 and start July 1). They will absolutely have the expansion draft before June 30.

So maybe you've got a guy with a NMC, who's contract ends June 30... And you have to protect him for he draft a week before that because those contracts are legal and bonding; he's still your employee. OUCH.   But if you do the draft draft after June 30, now you have a group of your kids who just went beyond that year 1-2 ELC window, who would thus need protection.

Gonna get interesting.

More on this front: just heard from league brass on high (Bill Daly):

- NMC definitely need to be protected 

- But NMC that are expiring (i.e. my example above) won't need to be protected

8 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

More on this front: just heard from league brass on high (Bill Daly):

- NMC definitely need to be protected 

- But NMC that are expiring (i.e. my example above) won't need to be protected

Yes, NMC have to be protected.  But no Trade clauses do not have to be.  At least that was about a week ago.  The way they are getting around it I guess is it's not technically a trade.  It's just too bad Bieska's NMC kicks in for the 2016-2017 season. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/expansion-draft-rules-agreed-upon-by-nhl--nhlpa-153933538.html;_ylt=A86.J7z8lCNXZ1gAGHtjmolQ

I wonder when the expansion draft is going to be though.  Probably after the 2017 season ends, so that the players can be selected for 2017-2018?  And when does the 2 year pros start?  Because it's going to be tough on teams if it's after the 2017 season.  That means any second year right now, has to be protected. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yes, NMC have to be protected.  But no Trade clauses do not have to be.  At least that was about a week ago.  The way they are getting around it I guess is it's not technically a trade.  It's just too bad Bieska's NMC kicks in for the 2016-2017 season. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/expansion-draft-rules-agreed-upon-by-nhl--nhlpa-153933538.html;_ylt=A86.J7z8lCNXZ1gAGHtjmolQ

I wonder when the expansion draft is going to be though.  Probably after the 2017 season ends, so that the players can be selected for 2017-2018?  And when does the 2 year pros start?  Because it's going to be tough on teams if it's after the 2017 season.  That means any second year right now, has to be protected. 

The NMC thing makes it seem it should be expanded to 8 forwards, 4 D-men & 1 goalie because having those NMC players be autoprotected makes it seem like the average team in the league only can protect 6 forwards, 2 D-men & 1 goalie with how many NMC's there is.

29 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

The NMC thing makes it seem it should be expanded to 8 forwards, 4 D-men & 1 goalie because having those NMC players be autoprotected makes it seem like the average team in the league only can protect 6 forwards, 2 D-men & 1 goalie with how many NMC's there is.

Look on the bright side.  Kings only have 1.  Blackhawks have 6.  Doh.  Penguins have 4.  Rangers have 4. 

It sucks having 3.  But damn the Blackhawks are screwed.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

The league has said they want the expansion team to be vying for the cup within 5 years. They don't want 10-15 years before the team gets its sh*t together. So they explicitly want good players to be snatched up.

17 hours ago, mrwicked said:

The league has said they want the expansion team to be vying for the cup within 5 years. They don't want 10-15 years before the team gets its sh*t together. So they explicitly want good players to be snatched up.

even if it comes at the risk of my team, which has taken several years to build to be at this point, being screwed? that's wrong. that's just flat out wrong.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

even if it comes at the risk of my team, which has taken several years to build to be at this point, being screwed? that's wrong. that's just flat out wrong.

I agree. In a worse expansion draft system the Sharks & Ducks did quite well in reaching the playoffs not long after.

Columbus failed because of bad management & bad drafting, if they had a better expansion draft it wouldn't have done much for them.

9 hours ago, tennischmp said:

I guess we can't make fun of the Pengiuns anymore of being the Ducks trading bitches. They are about to win the Cup after trading for Lovejoy and Hagelin who are playing a big part in the Cup run. This also have Bonino and Kunitz. 

They are still our trading bitches. 

Happy for Bones though.

Hope they go with a "Skills" coach in the mold of Quenneville/Babcock who can get players to take less stupid penalty's & get more points out of them. Less penaltys means the D-Men won't be taxed with extra PK time & will have more chances to be out there for 5on5 play with a chance to create offense.

• Spirit unpinned this topic