• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else concerned about Weaver?

I know he was an 18 game winner last season. But it just seems that he can't hit his spots consistently. With how slow he is pitching there is absolutely no room for error, you have to hit your spots. Is he really going to be worth $20 million next season? I know this is not going to be a topic well recieved but at some point we have to start looking at what the options are.

Curious to know what you guys think.

Go Halos!!

After that great stretch of 4 or 5 starts, he is back to being very hittable again. Has a 79 ERA+ on the season, which is quite bad.

Not sure what the solution is, but he is probably harming the team more than helping at this point.

Yes i am worried.

However if your suggesting a trade or dumping or demoting him than hell No. He has already earned the 20 million for next year and the benefit of the doubt. If he can be an adequate number 5 pitcher than i am happy.

I know he was an 18 game winner last season. But it just seems that he can't hit his spots consistently. With how slow he is pitching there is absolutely no room for error, you have to hit your spots. Is he really going to be worth $20 million next season? I know this is not going to be a topic well recieved but at some point we have to start looking at what the options are.

Curious to know what you guys think.

Go Halos!!

He's just not a very effective pitcher anymore, that's really the long and short of it. Best to think of him as a back end of the rotation type of guy, which is fine. Is he going to be "worth" his salary next year? Nope. But oh well, that money is already committed and as others have pointed out, it's counterbalanced by the fact that the Angels had him at below market value for many years.

Yes i am worried.

However if your suggesting a trade or dumping or demoting him than hell No. He has already earned the 20 million for next year and the benefit of the doubt. If he can be an adequate number 5 pitcher than i am happy.

Trade, dump or demote? Absolutely not!!

I more than anyone is hoping that he can become a Greg Maddux type and really become an off speed / precision type pitcher. I just hope he gives the club reason to extend his contract. However, I am also pleased to read that others are concerned. I for one believe that the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back.

there's only so many miles in an arm, and nobody knows how many. he's an awesome competitor and an all time great angel. if he can be a back end starter as he winds down his career, then great. if not, then i think weav's the type to exit gracefully. he's never been anything but a classy throw back player. 

Weaver's pissed he gave the Angels a hometown discount, knowing after his contract is over with us he's probably done. 

Not really, but I don't have anything else to offer. 

Oh and yes, I'm worried. There's no way he's your #2 or even #3 guy in a short playoff series. But he is.

It's tough seeing weaver right now. Like many on this board, he was my favorite pitcher for many years. He's home grown, tough as nails, and was for many years our Ace.

He's a back of the rotation sort of guy now. This game is hard and crazy. One season you're Jered Weaver, the next you're Jeff Weaver.

Weaver's pissed he gave the Angels a hometown discount, knowing after his contract is over with us he's probably done. 

Not really, but I don't have anything else to offer. 

Oh and yes, I'm worried. There's no way he's your #2 or even #3 guy in a short playoff series. But he is.

I think of him as a #4/5 guy this season. As far as where Scioscia might slot him if the Angels make the playoffs . . . I only hope that's a problem I get to worry about come October.

Weaver is getting by on guile, smoke, and mirrors.  He has zero margin for error and when he's not perfect he's going to get lit up.  As hard as it can be to see what time has done to him I still enjoy watching the guy take the mound and fight the good fight.

He may very well know the end is coming but he is still defiantly trying to tell fate..  "not yet"....

He always looks angry. Haven't seen him smiling in the dugout once all season.

Because Lackey told him that Scioscia will yank your ass before you're ready...but he'll let guys like CJ throw 110 pitches...

john-lackey.gif

Weaver_Pissed.gif

Edited by JoJo26

He always looks angry. Haven't seen him smiling in the dugout once all season.

Which begs the question, where are all the posts about what a bad teammate Weaver is based on the same logic (body language, on field behavior) that led everyone to conclude Hamilton was such a bad teammate?

Which begs the question, where are all the posts about what a bad teammate Weaver is based on the same logic (body language, on field behavior) that led everyone to conclude Hamilton was such a bad teammate?

Dammit, man. Quit making me question my assumptions.