• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Kaleb Cowart on fire!!

In his last 10 games, including 5 with the Salt Lake Bees, Cowart is hitting .457 with 10 RBI, 4 walks/8 strikeouts and 3 SB. 

On the season he's pushed his slash line to .254/.328/.413 after a dreadful first two months in A Ball. 

I wonder if a change in Cowart's approach at the plate has paid dividends?

He would solve a lot of our problems if he ever panned out to being a league average third baseman offensively. I have only heard good things about his defense. If he could become David Freese on offense and very good defensively, then you could move Kubitza to LF. It will take more than 10 game but he is on the right track and maybe this will help his confidence levels a bit.

Remember when Jett Bandy was on fire?

Yep, remember when Albert Pujols was not, but now is?

The reason for this thread is Cowart has NOT been on fire at any point over the past two seasons. It's encouraging to see him start to turn things around, even if it's just over his last 10-15 games.

Does this mean he's suddenly going to become a legit prospect again? No. Just an encouraging sign. 

Yep, remember when Albert Pujols was not, but now is?

The reason for this thread is Cowart has NOT been on fire at any point over the past two seasons. It's encouraging to see him start to turn things around, even if it's just over his last 10-15 games.

Does this mean he's suddenly going to become a legit prospect again? No. Just an encouraging sign. 

There always has to be at least one sourpuss in every thread.

Failos hate the light.

Being pessimistic about a guy who has shown nothing in years before now doesn't make you a "failo", it makes you a realist. 

I'll be happier than anyone if Cowart has actually made some monumental breakthrough this season and becomes even a league average MLB third baseman.  But god forbid that some of us want to see an actual full season of improvement in the minors before having faith in this kid again.  If he proves us wrong, all the better.

Being pessimistic about a guy who has shown nothing in years before now doesn't make you a "failo", it makes you a realist. 

I'll be happier than anyone if Cowart has actually made some monumental breakthrough this season and becomes even a league average MLB third baseman.  But god forbid that some of us want to see an actual full season of improvement in the minors before having faith in this kid again.  If he proves us wrong, all the better.

Go ahead and be pessimistic.  I'm not sure what you gain from it but if it floats your boat have fun.  Just maybe let the light shine in one thread once in a while if you don't agree.

Man this board is bipolar. I tell people to stop being pessimistic in a game day thread and get blasted. Now people are blasting people for being pessimistic about a prospect that has largely fizzled. Make up your minds! Lol

Anyways, I'd be happy if he panned out. It's already been mentioned, but maybe he does thrive on better pitching, or maybe it's just a hot streak. The question now with Kubitza in the mix, is who is the better defender at 3rd? If Cowart and Kubitza both pan out, one of them will have to switch positions.