• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

Lou

It is weird to think that Hackilton was as high as average in 2013-2014.   It sure didn't seem like he was that good even, but $125 million has a way of clouding the view.

Update:

In 2013, his .734 OPS would have been worse than around 2/3 of the AL regulars.

In 2014, his .741 OPS would have been right in the middle amongst AL regulars.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't know of anyone who expected stardom from Calhoun.

I think a lot of people here have been treating him like he's a star, or going to be a star. I've always thought that the best-case scenario was borderline star, maybe .280-.290, .800-.850 OPS, 20ish HR. Maybe he can still do that in a good year.

Actually Cory I am not that good at looking up that stuff on the internet but I'll try to figure it out. Offense is down all around it seems.

AL average: .252/.314/.398

AL RF average: .260/.325/.427

But because of park effects, his OPS+ is 105

Edited by Inside Pitch

Sad if that's true. How the mighty hitters have fallen.

Currently Calhoun ranks second to last out of qualified right fielders in the AL for OPS , just ahead of Beltran.

Calhoun is 20th of 25 qualifiers in all of baseball.

He is not bringing much value to the position at this point.

Now in context, Nelson Cruz has zero home runs and is batting .220 with a .448 OPS in June but is still ranked 3rd in OPS since the season started. So there is plenty of room for numbers to settle into career norms for everyone.

Edited by notti

I think a lot of people here have been treating him like he's a star, or going to be a star. I've always thought that the best-case scenario was borderline star, maybe .280-.290, .800-.850 OPS, 20ish HR. Maybe he can still do that in a good year.

I always saw him as a backup outfielder or a below average starter. He's really surpassed that, so it's hard to complain.

This is depressing as hell.

Since May 1st

Kole- .247/.303/.346

Johnny G- .244/.302/.326

Freese- .246/.308/.437

One third of our freaking lineup has essentially the same BA/OBP. That is terrible.

at least Freese is improving

last 15 games:

.294 BA

.889 OPS