• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Traveling while wife is pregnant

My wife is expecting our first child on August 21st. They originally told us the due date was August 14th, but last week they said 21st.

I am a teacher, and just like most teachers I do not get paid over the summers. I work as a travel tennis coach over the summers. My assignment this year is to go to California from June 27th to July 20th. I originally was very hesitant about accepting the assignment (back in January), but my wife and I talked about it and decided we really needed the money. A lot of what I do for this company is commission based as well and I won't get any commission if I do not do the trip. Also at this point the company has invested money into me doing this trip and I would put them in a hard place if I left now. This is a job I plan to continue to do every summer for a while.

My wife says she is fine still, but it is just getting harder and harder for her to do anything. We don't have any family where we live and we just moved to a new house and don't know any of the neighbors. She has a few work friends that she said will help her out if there is an emergency. She also said they will come by and help with groceries and laundry. She is still working but she will be teleworking and won't have to leave the home.

My question is do you think my wife will be okay? I will be back right before she starts her 35th week (36th if they move the pregnancy date back to the 14th). The money will be handy with the child and help with expenses (its about $5,000 dollars I will get paid). Am I crazy or is it doable that she will be fine/get by. The doctor has said she is not at risk for a early birth.

Has anybody else experienced this or been in a similar situation.

I was on remote assignment to Alaska for most of my wife's pregnancy in Florida. Was there a week before and 4 weeks after the birth then back to beautiful King Salmon. This was without cell phones or video calls or Amazon deliveries. She did it because that's what women in military families do. As long as you feel comfortable with her living arrangements and emergency support people she'll be fine. Just open up the Skype and let her bitch about discomfort and inconvenience. Apologize a lot and promise to take care of everything when you get back.

And remember there's no better way to say you're sorry than with jewelry.

If I understand correctly, you'll be finished and back home a full month before her new delivery date?

You didn't say what part of California, but it shouldn't matter...there are tons of flights between California and Seattle everyday, if needed. 

Yes I will be back one month before due date.

I will be in San Diego, Orange, Newport Beach and than Santa Barbara so I could get on a plane if need be. I'm in Alexandria VA now so I am a little farther away

I wouldn't feel bad if something happened while you were away in California.  You've left a large buffer zone between your California trip and the due date.  I can't see anybody reasonably faulting you if you had to fly back to Seattle on short notice.

Who gives a F about fault?  And proximity to due date shouldn't really mean much either.

IMO as long as there is someone that you are close to that you trust that can be there in the event of an emergency then it is fine.  If not, in my opinion, stay home.

make the trip, but get to know your neighbors first and clue them in on what's happening with her.

if she doesn't have any health or mobility problems, you should be fine. doctor is (presumably) nearby, as is the hospital, and it sounds like there are people to help if something should happen.

once you get back from the hospital, be johnny on the spot and do more for her than you normally would. don't let that die off, either, after your kid is born.

One month before due date? That shouldn't be that bad. What is it that is getting hard for her to do? Does she have health conditions or is on bed rest? With no other kids running around the house what other pressing needs are there?

She has no health conditions. Little things like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping she struggles with.

Doctor is 15 minutes away