• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NYT: FBI investigating the Cardinals for hacking the Astros

nate

This won't even rise to the level of "Arte Moreno says mean things about Josh Hamilton and that is mean and hurts feelings" in the national media. They're already writing their "one bad apple/disgruntled computer nerd" stories.

Yup, the ESPN piece closed by preaching patience and letting it all play out.   The righteous indignation has yet to materialize.

Maybe I'm over reacting but I think this is reason enough to strip the franchise rights from the current owners and put the team up for sale. Kind of like banning the White Sox from baseball the Commissioner could iron fist this so it never happens again. Until Pete Rose owns a team.

overreact much?

I will say this.  If this is indeed true, whatever punishment the FBI and MLB lays down will be totally warranted.

I am certain that the senior executives didnt know about this as the hack was very unsophisticated and noted it was easily traceable.  I'd like to believe if this was sanctioned by the team, they would at least use better hackers and a proxy server to avoid being caught.

Manfred already spinning it so MLB doesn't have to do anything to the Cardinals.

"To assume that that investigation is going to produce a particular result with respect to the Cardinals -- let alone to jump to the use of the word like cyber-attack -- I just think that we don't know that those are the facts yet.  There is an ongoing investigation; we've been fully cooperative. Obviously, any allegation like this, no matter how serious it turns out to be, is of great concern to us. But it's just too early to speculate on what the facts are going to turn out to be and what action, if any, is necessary."

Edited by Chimi

Why would we be looking to MLB to police this situation. If laws regarding corporate espionage were broken it will likely result in either the Federal authorities taking action or the Astros may have a basis to bring a lawsuit against the Cardinals. Then it will play out in court. If the Astros prevail, then damages will be assessed by the Court. So why is MLB expected to take action before it is proved in a court of law that a crime occurred and the Astros were damaged?

Edited by LAAMike

• 7 months later...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25459612

The password of a high-ranking Astros executive that Chris Correa used to access Astros' systems was based on the name of a player “who was scrawny and who would not have been thought of to succeed in the major leagues, but through effort and determination he succeeded anyway,” assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Chu said on Jan. 8 when Correa pleaded guilty to hacking the Astros in federal court.

Lol the password had to be Eckstein. Awesome

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25459612

The password of a high-ranking Astros executive that Chris Correa used to access Astros' systems was based on the name of a player “who was scrawny and who would not have been thought of to succeed in the major leagues, but through effort and determination he succeeded anyway,” assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Chu said on Jan. 8 when Correa pleaded guilty to hacking the Astros in federal court.

Lol the password had to be Eckstein. Awesome

Eckstein1  they make you add a number.