• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Entire International Pool Money Guy

Tyler

around .380/.860 over his past 15 games.  He was striking out at a frenetic pace but just 8 times in his last 65 pa.  Also, no errors over that time.  

I'm gonna give him a pass for this year.  I could see him getting to AA next year if he keeps it going as he has but he's probably got a lot longer to go than we might have hoped.  My guess is that if we see him in the bigs it won't be till 2017/18.  

He's such a unique case that I can't really wrap my head around it all. He left Cuba, but didn't defect, but his family was able to leave with him, but no one will say a word about how that happened. The Angels signed him for a huge sum of money despite other teams not showing much interest. There seems to be some upside, but even in Cuba his numbers weren't great.

Anyway, the Angels have said both privately and publicly that this year is more about him getting settled in and comfortable with playing baseball here.

If the numbers are any reflection, I suppose Roberto is beginning to feel comfortable with his new life both on and off the field.

Not only that but they go over their international spending limit on the guy.....then just don't bother to try to add more international talent afterwards for whatever reason. Now they're penalized over these next 2 years from spending much of anything on international talent and will have no chance at signing any of the highest rated international prospects

This team has been incredibly poor in this area for years for whatever reason. They just haven't had any sort of presence in the international market for years now.

Edited by bloodbrother

• 4 weeks later...

All I know is, other teams seem to find good players from that neck of the woods.

The most recent we've found were Aybar and Morales, a decade back.

If Arte is going to maximize his chances at success, he's going to have to swallow his pride some and deal with the downside that can come from scouting down there.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

All I know is, other teams seem to find good players from that neck of the woods.

The most recent we've found were Aybar and Morales, a decade back.

If Arte is going to maximize his chances at success, he's going to have to swallow his pride some and deal with the downside that can come from scouting down there.

Being ok with blackmail and human trafficking equals swallowing his pride

Just like others say to prove something, do you have proof that every Latin American player is affected by blackmail and trafficking?

Of course not everybody is affected by blackmail and trafficking, but instead of going to your usual, "Arte is the devil and everything he does is wrong" give me a logical reason why he would stop operating down there. If the story comes out and it says we didn't like how business was done down there, isn't that enough? Or do you have to automatically go to the blame game?