• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Entire International Pool Money Guy

Tyler

Perhaps he should have started in Burlington.

Batting .151 on the year with 1 extra base hit, 0/2 in stolen base attempts, and 18 k's to go along with 2 walks.

Lat injury has hampered his development, but it's still early.

Edited by Shane

AO, I'm going to sell you a car. This car might be a BMW or it might be a Kia. You could certainly use a Kia, even though you have a bunch of Kia's in the garage. I am going to charge you twice the sticker price of a BMW for that car. Are you ready to buy?

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I have no idea about Baldoquin.  The Angels spent so much when there were better Cuban imports out there for less money.  I'm wondering what he was able to do to impress them.  It seems like his upside would be that of Kendrick.  His floor as we're seeing right now is a total bust.  Was 15 million a worthwhile gamble when the only way you can do anything more than break even is if he hits his ceiling?

He looks like he should probably repeat Inland Empire next year as a 22 year old, which is pretty average age for the league.  Hopefully he'll be better adjusted by then. 

The scout that recommended him might want to look for other work, or even another line of work.

He's probally hiding his head under his desk as we speak.

His resume to apply for a 'Home Depot' manager position is on the desk too, where he thinks he will help them find young prospects to move up the Home Depot ladder.

AO, I'm going to sell you a car. This car might be a BMW or it might be a Kia. You could certainly use a Kia, even though you have a bunch of Kia's in the garage. I am going to charge you twice the sticker price of a BMW for that car. Are you ready to buy?

Not a fair comparison because cars have a lifespan of more than two years.

Now if your scenario was you can overpay for a Kia now or never buy a car for the next twenty years you would certainly think about overpaying.

Not a fair comparison because cars have a lifespan of more than two years.

Now if your scenario was you can overpay for a Kia now or never buy a car for the next twenty years you would certainly think about overpaying.

Not if you already have any more than 125 cars in your garage

We thought we were getting Cuban Alec Baldwin and instead we got Cuban Billy Baldwin.

Seriously though...he still has time to improve but at the moment he looks like a $15 million bust that will keep us from signing other international talent for two more years. That's huge.

Edited by Glen

Not if you already have any more than 125 cars in your garage

Well then buying any cars at all is stupid.

But we know that's not the case because the Angels are competing with other teams so it's not just about having what they need but having better than the other teams have.

Edited by eaterfan

• 2 weeks later...