• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Do you think the Angels will trade Wilson for Ethier??

Do you think the Angels will trade Wilson for Ethier??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. It's been reported hardly anywhere but will it happen and if so, when?

Greinke is unhappy with his run support. Do the Dodgers trade away a bat to get another SP? Do they stick with the logjam all year? Angels are getting Rasmus back soon and have SP depth in the minors.  They need at least 2 bats to contend.  What say you?

Edited by beatlesrule

That's what I meant.  It will be a logjam when they get those 2 back.  Crawford is owed way too much and Van Slyke is young and good. Ethier is once again the odd man out. The Dodgers do need a SP with the injuries they've had so I think something has got to give.  Once again though, I have not read this on MLBtraderumors so I don't know how serious the rumor is. Seems to make sense for both teams though and it's why I created the poll.

No it will not happen if the Angels can find other options (of which there are at least two I can think of one of which is Adam Lind) that don't saddle our team payroll down. If we eat some cash (or all) of his 2015 salary we can move him in trade and replace him with Heaney without losing much. There is not a hard need to get Ethier.

As I said in the other thread Andre would certainly help the team against RHP only but it's not a "do or die" trade for us.

It's never official without a pole....

Poles are for strippers, polls give us an indication of voter preferences;  Hamilton prefers to deal with the former, and we like the latter.  Then there is the whole concept of the North and South Pole, but since we haven't drafted any players from those regions it's irrelevant.

Here it is in pictures.

KosPoll.jpg

THE NORTH POLE:

GladysLittleAngelNorthPole-1.gif

A Hamilton POLE:

TenFootPNKBLKPortableStripperPoleWM.jpg

Edited by tomsred

Heaney's looking good in AAA right now, he looks crisp, sharp. The numbers don't completely reflect that.

I'll believe it when I see it at the major league level.  

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Heaney and I think he's gonna be a solid starter.  At his peak, a #2.  But I think that's 3-4 years from now.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought SLC was using the humidor this year.  I can't find any minor league park factors for this year so I could be off base but I don't think we can use that as an excuse to justify his peripherals.  

It's true that the ball moves less there so his stuff could play up a bit in Anaheim.  

But he gives up a lot of hits.  A lot of hits.  He finds the strike zone too much and it's gonna make for some serious growing pains at the major league level.  I am thinking he's a league average to below type starter for at least the next two years.  Frankly, it's why he's in the minors still and the pattern hasn't changed.  

The Angels will not take away from their major league roster to bring him in right now.  The +/- of doing this right now is at best neutral and probably net negative.  

If the halos can get Ethier for a minor leaguer or two, then I think it could happen.  Otherwise, I just don't see them doing it.  

Although Wilson is currently part of the rotation you have to think that before next year he is wearing a different team's uniform since he's entering his walk year and Heaney is ready to enter the rotation. If Dipoto can move him at the deadline and eat some or all of his 2015 salary he'd clean the books for next year of $20MM, that is not an insignificant number obviously. That money could then be allocated to a FA pitcher or hitter in the off-season if that is what the Front Office wants.

Makes too much sense to hold onto CJ until offseason, and I think he will definitely be traded then. It'll be easier to flip him to almost any team for one season, and with Skaggs returning, there will be a glut of pitching. With Skaggs and Tropeano injured, Alvarez comfortably slotted in to the pen, Rucinksi not impressing, and incosistency with all of Weaver/Richards/Shoemaker/Santiago, it just doesn't make sense.

I expect them to bring in a good bench player or two, and eat some money on an unremarkable but decent LF/DH type, dealing away their own fringe 40-man types or lower level prospects, focusing primarily on players who would be a salary dump coming off at end of season.

In the offseason, deal CJ (or perhaps Shoe or Santiago) for a decent package of prospects or an equivalent value dollar positional vet who fills a need.

Edited by totdprods

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought SLC was using the humidor this year.  I can't find any minor league park factors for this year so I could be off base but I don't think we can use that as an excuse to justify his peripherals.  

Here you go...   http://www.statcorner.com/team/561/2015/Salt%20Lake%20Bees

And Heaney's page with league averages is here...   http://www.statcorner.com/pitch/571760/Andrew-Heaney

Doc, check out Tropeano's numbers vs the league averages -- he's blown Heaney out of the water based on stuff like contact and K rates.

Edited by Inside Pitch