• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Featherston

At some point I think we have to reconsider Featherston's roster spot. It seems like a total waste. He can play a couple positions and he's good defensively but he can't hit worth a lick and while he has above average speed it's not great. But we HAVE to keep him up so he isn't getting regular at bats. It just seems like a waste. Why not Stamets? Doesn't he have better speed? We need a guy like that who can pinch run and be a terror on the base paths. I just don't see what Featherston is bringing to the team

Stamets is a more ideal fit for the utility infielder position. He's better defensively at 3B, SS and 2B than Featherston (who is no slouch himself), is among the fastest players in the system, is great at bunting and making contact.

I'm not displeased with Featherston at all though. He.'a fulfilling his duties. I wish he was a little faster and that he could get a bunt down when we need it, but there's no reason to get rid of him.

You can't steal first, whether you're Featherston or Stamets.

At this point, we've had Featherston for 2+ months, might as well ride it out so we can keep him then hide him in AA or AAA next year.

Not much worse than John McD (of course, we had more O last year, so we could afford John McD).

Some dude with the same name as the White Sox closer now has a roster spot and he was hitting .240 in the PCL. There is no offensive depth in this organization.

Actually, it's Daniel (not David) Robertson who was called up here.   But yeah, he sounds like an OF version of Featherston. 

At this rate, we'll own all of the peanuts in the Western Hemisphere.

Edited by Angel Oracle