• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team would be in first with any other manager...

Halos are a .50 to sub .500 team -- what is amazing to me is that the starting rotation -- which was supposed to be a real question mark at the start of the season -- has done well and rotation's numbers for this year are among MLB's best.

And our set up guy and our closer have done fairly well (a few blown saves but that happens) pretty well, too.

so that leaves the position players  and the line up.  We have some weak spots to be sure -- but one would think this line up could be juggled a bit to have a better result.

and then there's the base-running -- sad to say but the Halos seem to lead the league in guys thrown out at home and at third ever since DiSar took over the third base coaching duties.

So, YES, it the management of the team that's doing something wrong here -- don't know what the fix would be.

I like Scoiscia but have never been a fan of his strict game plan approach that puts guys in certain roles and then that's it all season, all games, all opponents, all situations.

I would have Smith in for a two inning SAVE once in a while rather than bringing in Street EVERY TIME....I would mix things up.

I also would likely send Featherston back to Colorado and keep Grant Green on the roster.  Why do we spend a roster spot on Featherston to play in 75 games and get less than 150 ABs this season when it's likely he won't even be on the roster next year?

Angels do not have that good of a team this year (although the starting pitching has done well) but I can point to about three games so far that have been LOST by the Angels and not WON by the other team -- that's on the manager.

It's said a manager's decisions affect the outcome (usually negatively) about  seven to ten games a year.........

The premise of this thread is exactly what I talk about when I talk about people being irrational. We have zero depth, so Mike even if he wanted to punish the players that make bad baserunning mistakes. Freese gets thrown out trying to take an extra base, up until yesterday we would have Featherston playing third. What about the other day, Trout makes an awful decision tagging up, who in the world would play CF? Actually right this second who is our back up centerfielder, Kole, Navarro? Albert runs into an out, so now we start Cron at first? This thread is silly.

Halos are a .50 to sub .500 team -- what is amazing to me is that the starting rotation -- which was supposed to be a real question mark at the start of the season -- has done well and rotation's numbers for this year are among MLB's best.

And our set up guy and our closer have done fairly well (a few blown saves but that happens) pretty well, too.

so that leaves the position players and the line up. We have some weak spots to be sure -- but one would think this line up could be juggled a bit to have a better result.

and then there's the base-running -- sad to say but the Halos seem to lead the league in guys thrown out at home and at third ever since DiSar took over the third base coaching duties.

So, YES, it the management of the team that's doing something wrong here -- don't know what the fix would be.

I like Scoiscia but have never been a fan of his strict game plan approach that puts guys in certain roles and then that's it all season, all games, all opponents, all situations.

I would have Smith in for a two inning SAVE once in a while rather than bringing in Street EVERY TIME....I would mix things up.

I also would likely send Featherston back to Colorado and keep Grant Green on the roster. Why do we spend a roster spot on Featherston to play in 75 games and get less than 150 ABs this season when it's likely he won't even be on the roster next year?

because Featherston can defend and Green can't that's why.

You answered your own question, or shall I say rant. Not sosh's fault team can't hit.

You missed the point. The offensive production improves if we stop running into outs. The total number of runs scored on the season would be drastically higher if the manager isnt telling guys to run like idiots.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

You missed the point. The offensive production improves if we stop running into outs. The total number of runs scored on the season would be drastically higher if the manager isnt telling guys to run like idiots.

So they've run into what about 25 outs this season. If the team has about a .250 average then maybe we score 6 more runs in the season, which is hardly drastically. Also how many of those outs are a guy going to second to draw the throw away from home to guarantee a run being scored.

For the Last 23 games it has been the Albert Pujols show.

Pujols  .315/.357/.717/1.075  11 home runs

Trout  .281/.343/.552/.895 7 home runs

Both Trout and Pujols are crushing the ball yet we're 10-13 in that stretch.

We just plain suck.