• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert freakin' Pujols

This power surge in unprecedented in a Halo uniform.

Baylor hit 12 HR in 22 Games in his 1979 MVP Season

Vlad hit 11 HR in 23 Games in his 2004 MVP Season

Pujols is at 15 HR in 24 Games. That's insane. Also during this stretch he only has 4 Ks and 2 GIDP. Not sure which stat is most impressive.

I checked the past power hitters (Glaus, GA, Reggie Jackson, Salmon, etc) and none had a similar stretch.

Hottest home run stretch by an Angel that I can remember (before Albert's current one) was Decinces in 1982 hitting 12 home runs in 13 games including a stretch where he hit 7 in 5 games!

Edited by gurn67

Just looked it up. Maybe one of the hottest 10 game stretches in MLB history. Doug Decines' stats from July 29 to August 8, 1982

10 games

39 AB

20 hits

11 home runs

19 rbis

.513 batting average

1.410 slugging percentage!!!

This power surge in unprecedented in a Halo uniform.

Baylor hit 12 HR in 22 Games in his 1979 MVP Season

Vlad hit 11 HR in 23 Games in his 2004 MVP Season

Pujols is at 15 HR in 24 Games. That's insane. Also during this stretch he only has 4 Ks and 2 GIDP. Not sure which stat is most impressive.

I checked the past power hitters (Glaus, GA, Reggie Jackson, Salmon, etc) and none had a similar stretch.

I'm pretty confident this is the best homer stretch any Angel player has been on since I've been following the team (mid 90's)

Absolutely crushing it!

Unfortunately, we don't have much OBP in front of him outside of Trout.

Imagine with a solid OBP lineup how many rbis he'd have with those 15 HRs in 24 games.    Maybe close to 40?

Speaking of which, where have you gone, Kole Calhoun?    A Halos Nation turns its' eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh.

Anyone have a video of Albert hitting the foul ball onto the roof?

Was watching the recording at the bar last night and I saw that and I was like what?!? No way! The volume was off so I wasn't sure if that's exactly what happened, but i can't believe it actually did! I don't think I've EVER seen that happen from anyone, even his foul balls are bombs.

Absolutely mind blowing how Albert is swinging, and how confident he is up at the plate. He does not look like the same guy we've had for the past 3 years.