• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Albert freakin' Pujols

`

Last 25 games going back to May 12, .690 SLG, 1.036 OPS, 11 home runs.

Over a full 162 games, this equals 72 HR and 117 RBI. He's not doing it cheaply either, as his BABIP is only .247

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=pujolal01&t=b&year=2015&share=0.27#2148-2172-sum:batting_gamelogs

Edited by fan_since79

I don't know if he's hit an opposite field home run with us. That was crushed

Rojas said it was the third time. One other time for sure was the 19 inning walk off HR against Boston.

Wait, so AW doesn't hate Albert right now? I can't keep up with who we want off our team and who we want to stay. It changes weekly.

I've wanted Scioscia gone continuously since late 2008. Other than that I tend to flip flop based on recent streaks Edited by ScottLux

He's actually laying off bad pitches right now.  This may be the first time he has done that consistently in an Angels uniform.  This is the first time since Albert's first month here that I have been excited to watch his at bats.  At this point the AL West is the Angels to lose.  No reason any team should beat them (in the west) if Pujols is going to hit like this.  

Edited by halobob

Uh, Bob, the AL West has two teams ahead of them. Texas in particular is playing excellent baseball and due to get back two key players to stregnthen them. The Angels still have to claw their way to first place before we make any statements about them dominating the division.

Wait, so AW doesn't hate Albert right now? I can't keep up with who we want off our team and who we want to stay. It changes weekly.

Yeah, I'm right there with you buddy.  That's why I created my own spreadsheet to keep track.  The only problem is that I have to update it every day.

It is encouraging - I can't remember the last time he got this hot. Worst-case scenario and he seems on pace to duplicate last year's numbers. Best case and we get something more like 2012.

THIS is the 2012 Pujols, and what I was very glad to anticipate for 2015.   THIS is what he mainly is being paid $24 million/season to do. 

Side note: Four guys (Trout, Pujols, Calhoun, and Freese) are on pace for at least 80 rbis.  

Not bad, given the general hitting struggles so far in 2015

Edited by Angel Oracle