• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I've never been the one to say this..

This all started with hiring Reagins, which was a disastrous hiring.

Arte Moreno, please learn something about the game of baseball, thank you.

How come Minnesota can find decent pitchers like Correia, but Dipoto settles for basically barely warmed over leftovers like Blantana and Hanson? Not to mention the joke that is Mark Lowe?

I agree that Dipoto has done a terrible job. I wish that Arte would have taken his time in finding a new GM instead of hurrying the decision.

The "hurried decision" was appointing Scioscia manager for life, and naming Reagins as the "in house mouthpiece" for Scioscia.

Those Reagins-Scioscia seasons have been devastating. The minors got depleted...Corbin-Skaggs would be looking good right now, but Dipoto, when with the Dbacks ...was bright enough to take them for Harden.

The Scioscia GM years, with Reagins as the front man, are costing this team dearly.

Arte Moreno has to be given the majority of the blame for the teams current state.

We've given 410 million the past 2 years to just Pujols, Hamilton and Wilson. I honestly wouldn't even mind if we slightly overpaid for Price.

They'll need to overpay for a top FA SP because they aren't going to be able to fill the massive holes in the rotation in house. Unfortunately, I don't know how they can fix things THIS season. They have nothing to trade from on their farm as it's now one of the 5 worst systems in the majors

How come Minnesota can find decent pitchers like Correia, but Dipoto settles for basically barely warmed over leftovers like Blantana and Hanson? Not to mention the joke that is Mark Lowe?

Correia is bad too.

That Blanton could have given up 3 runs on 7 hits in 9 innings and the Angels would have still lost. This team sucks all around.

When has Blanton put the Angels in a position to win. He is 0-3 in his 1st 3 starts with a 9 ERA. I don't care what team he would pitch for. That won't get it done in the MLB. Blanton is a clearl iiability.

Yep. This org really needs Richards or Maronde to develop into a mid rotation starter going forward. They need to do a better job of drafting pitching talent these next few years. Price of pitching has sky rocketed and they can't just go out and sign the cream o the crop FA SP every year

THe pitching is the biggest concern with this org in the present and future

Well, it will be hard for Maronde to develop into a mid rotation starter when they aren't having him start.

But at least we have Angels' top pitching prospect...AJ Schugel?

What does it matter when they can only score 2?

It wouldn't have mattered if they scored 7, that's the point. Every time the offense puts a run on the board, no matter how crappy the opposing team is, the pitching immediately gives up runs. It's called momentum. That's how the pitching is going to drag down everything.

I think CJ will be better this year, and hopefully Weaver comes back himself. Still need at least a new starter and two new BP pieces to have a chance

because Dipoto is not a good GM. If he wants to prove he is, he starts making some serious moves right now.

I just think, the Angels have had three general managers in the last few years.  Stoneman was criticized for being too conservative,  Reagins was a disaster and now it's Dipitos fault. I just look at the last three seasons, coaches have changed, players have changed, GM's have changed, the Angels have signed high dollar free agents, they have promoted from within, and yet the losses are still pilling up. It's getting really hard to place blame everywhere else and give Mike a pass. 

I just think, the Angels have had three general managers in the last few years.  Stoneman was criticized for being too conservative,  Reagins was a disaster and now it's Dipitos fault. I just look at the last three seasons, coaches have changed, players have changed, GM's have changed, the Angels have signed high dollar free agents, they have promoted from within, and yet the losses are still pilling up. It's getting really hard to place blame everywhere else and give Mike a pass. 

What can Sosh do when he has no one reliable to throw? That's Dipito, and any other GM. I don't even care about Sosh, just the fact that anyone can watch this team and think it's his fault is a little mind-boggling. 

Butcher needs to be given the boot now, like with Hacker a year earlier.

Same thing being said about him as with Hacker, that he spends hours studying video.

That's all fine and good, except that if you can't communicate it to the pitchers, what good is it?

How often since 2010 has a Butcher visit to the mound paid dividends?

What can Sosh do when he has no one reliable to throw? That's Dipito, and any other GM. I don't even care about Sosh, just the fact that anyone can watch this team and think it's his fault is a little mind-boggling. 

So fire another GM? Whats the end game here? I watch this team, and while I certainly don't think Sosh is the main reason for this teams failures, he obviously isn't able to capitalize on the talent he does have. Let's be honest, all teams have holes in their pitching staffs and line-ups.

So fire another GM? Whats the end game here? I watch this team, and while I certainly don't think Sosh is the main reason for this teams failures, he obviously isn't able to capitalize on the talent he does have. Let's be honest, all teams have holes in their pitching staffs and line-ups.

Angels had a pretty loaded team last year and still came up short. Does Sosh need a line-up of All-Stars to sneak into the AL wild card?