• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Military Movies

Hunt For Red October was fun. 

As for sub war movies, I still haven't seen Das Boot yet, but I hear great things. It's on my to do list. 

You HAVEN'T seen Das Boot?!  Should be on your next movie-watched list.  It is THE movie about submariners, and really captures the mood of the German sailors.

I've got these on my list of favs...

Saving Private Ryan

Platoon

Fury

A Bridge too far (I believe this one opened the same weekend as "Cross of Iron"; we went to see Bridge).

Full Metal Jacket

Patton

The Longest Day

Blackhawk Down

Guns of Navarone

Battleground

Battle of the Bulge 

The Big Red One

Sahara

Wake Island

Merrills' Marauders

To Hell and Back

and most of the others previously listed here, and many of these are movies I grew-up watching with my Pops.

My comedic war movie favs are-

MASH

Mister Roberts

Operation Petticoat

Stripes

Tropic Thunder

Top Secret

I just saw Fury the other night, and was amazed at how they captured the absolute horrors.  I will be re-watching it a few times to better understand it.

One that I'd recommend that few of you have probably ever even heard of is When Trumpets Fade.  It was a straight-to-HBO movie that is worth your time to seek-out.  I think I saw a link to the full movie on youtube.

Oh yeah, I DO watch the battle scenes of Pearl Harbor near the anniversary every year.  I just like the updated action better than classic Tora Tora Tora!

Good call, braveheart was great.

As far as really old flicks, i liked battleground. Bridges at toko ri was good.

Navy seals w charlie aheen is pretty hollywood, but the insertions techniques and amall unit tactics were spot on. Theres a movie called bravo two zero thats up there too just from a tactics standpoint.

Has anyone seen by dawns early light? Good cold war movie.

I liked to watch Navy Seals from time to time before Act of Valor came out.  I'd recommend reading Rorke Denvers' book as well.

My bad, I forgot to mention Forrest Gump as one of my favorite war movies too.

Many of my favorites have been mentioned already. Lawrence of Arabia is one of my all-time favorite movies, also love Bridge on the River Kwai, Full Metal Jacket, Patton, Fury, MacArthur, Apocalypse Now, Schindler's List, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Band of Brothers, Midway, The Pacific, and World at War.

Some I haven't seen mentioned include Enemy at the Gates, Fail-Safe, Dr Strangelove, By Dawn's Early Light, The Day After (the last two were TV movies, of course), Empire of the Sun, and The Last Emperor.

The Green Berets was not the best movie but had some very good future actors.

forgot about that one. Loved it as a kid...really bad movie though, culminating with the finale ending of john wayne walking with the kid off into the sunset...where the sunset is setting in the east. Had some cool parts though, and id probably watch it again if it was on tv.

Never saw a soldiers story, ill have to check it out. Dont remember a whole bunch of boys in company c, other than r lee ermy being the DI in it.

That red tails movie sucked, but hbo made a similar movie back in the 90s that was pretty good, lawrence fishburn and cuba gooding were in it.

Anyone remember a show called tour of duty?

Also, the final countdown. Not usually a big sci fi guy, but one of my all time favorite movies. Extra cool if youre into planes.

Tank mentioned before hes a big iron eagle fan.

I wish they let the Final Countdown go a little longer so they could wipe the Japs out!