• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Military Movies

Heartbreak Ridge is another good movie. Here's one of my favorite quotes from Clint Eastwood. " My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together. Now Major Powers has put me in charge of this reconisence platoon."

"I dont give military discounts highway"

"Too bad, your old lady does"

"Send you home with a just pumped the neighbors cat look on your face"

As far as eastwood war flicks, i love kellys heroes. Not at all a movie thats supposed to be serious, but almost like a tarantino film.

Shenandoah, a civil war film with jimmy stewart. watch it with my 8th graders every year.

robin hood, the one with errol flynn. it's very cheesy in parts, but it's a good story.

Spartacus. holds up very well (the kirk douglas one).

Shenandoah, a civil war film with jimmy stewart. watch it with my 8th graders every year.

robin hood, the one with errol flynn. it's very cheesy in parts, but it's a good story.

Spartacus. holds up very well (the kirk douglas one).

Uh... Tank... Gladiator movies and kids is a no, no. Especially the bath scenes.

Uh... Tank... Gladiator movies and kids is a no, no. Especially the bath scenes.

you teach your way and i'll teach mine.

i actually have an older copy of spartacus where the oysters and bath scene was trimmed quite a bit.

I guess this thread would be a good place to ask...

...I have never seen Apocalypse Now and I plan to check it out on Netflix. Should I watch Apocalypse Now or Apocalypse Now Redux?

it's a very dark movie, not the kind you walk away from going "hey that was great!" it's well done, but it's very dark. i saw it once and that was more than enough for me.

Edited by Tank

I guess this thread would be a good place to ask......I have never seen Apocalypse Now and I plan to check it out on Netflix. Should I watch Apocalypse Now or Apocalypse Now Redux?

In my opinion its one of Brando's worst movies.

Edited by JAHV76

Liked valkyrie with tom cruise a lot. I think more people would have dug ut if it didnt come out after cruise went crazy.

Hamburger hill is great from a grunts perspective, very underrated. Casualties of war is another great underrated vietnam flick

Yeah, I also liked Valkyrie and I can't stand Cruise.

Kind of an unheard of movie, but theres a good one with ethan hawke and gary sinese called a midnight clear. Good story and acting.

Courage under fire was good too. Ive read matt daMon still has like an irregular heartbeat because of his weight loss for that movie.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout