• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

California's bullet train is hurtling toward a multibillion-dollar overrun, a confidential federal report warns

California’s bullet train could cost taxpayers 50% more than estimated — as much as $3.6 billion more. And that’s just for the first 118 miles through the Central Valley, which was supposed to be the easiest part of the route between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gov. Brown asks Trump to reverse course and let California have rail funds

The ending of the article is the bestest though.

Another complicating factor is that the grant was approved by Carolyn Flowers, chief of the Federal Transit Agency, two days before the end of the Obama Administration. Two week later, Flowers took a job at Los Angeles-based Aecom,  an engineering firm that will be providing project management services for the electrification project.

Two construction firms seek an extra $300 million for bullet train work

Two huge construction firms that are helping to build about 54 miles of bullet train structures in the Central Valley are seeking an additional $300 million on their fixed-price contracts, the Los Angeles Times has learned.

The increases, if the state ultimately agrees to cover them, would further bloat the bill for what has been touted as the easiest and most predictable section of the Los Angeles-to-San Francisco system.

I'm sure the more complicated sections will come well under budget. 

On 3/2/2017 at 11:17 AM, gotbeer said:

Gov. Brown asks Trump to reverse course and let California have rail funds

The ending of the article is the bestest though.

Another complicating factor is that the grant was approved by Carolyn Flowers, chief of the Federal Transit Agency, two days before the end of the Obama Administration. Two week later, Flowers took a job at Los Angeles-based Aecom,  an engineering firm that will be providing project management services for the electrification project.

Yeah, but she was part of the Obama administration so ... it's cool.  It's not like she was trying to enrich herself.   She waited 2 whole weeks FFS!

• 4 months later...

Crazy Train chief is still on the payroll months after his supposed exit. The state has basically done nothing to replace him.

excerpt: ...longtime rail project chairman Dan Richard said the authority was in the process of hiring an executive recruitment firm — but that has taken time because of state procurement regulations.

$400,000 annual salary. In his five years at the helm they've managed to "start" building the Fresno segment. That's about it.

Your state government at work!

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-chief-20170803-story.html

Edited by fan_since79

8 hours ago, floplag said:

I'm curious where this monopoly money is even coming from personally.  State is insolvent or near it and the fed isnt giving any more money here to the sanctuary nonsense so someone please tell me where this pipedream is even remotely feasible ? 

I don't know all the specifics, but I know the voters approved this boondoggle. It was on the ballot a few elections ago.

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I don't know all the specifics, but I know the voters approved this boondoggle. It was on the ballot a few elections ago.

I was being sarcastic really, as i recall it was bonds of some sort, though where those were coming from was awful muddy.  
This state has no money, dams are in jeopardy, roads in disrepair, freeways about to crumble, but somehow they think they have money for this abomination even with bonds?  Get a bond to fix the crap we have then Gov Moonbeam 
Besides, Sacramento could introduce a bill requiring everyone wear cchartreuse on the second Tue of every month and pass it here so... meh.   

On 8/5/2017 at 9:14 AM, floplag said:

I'm curious where this monopoly money is even coming from personally.  State is insolvent or near it and the fed isnt giving any more money here to the sanctuary nonsense so someone please tell me where this pipedream is even remotely feasible ? 

Cap and Trade.  Why do you think the King Dumbshit was so hellbent on getting the "Climate Deal" in place.  The Climate Deal expires in 2020.  Without it, no more crazy train.  Of course the Dumbshits in California are all gizzing over doing right for the Climate, and not knowing two jacks about what exactly this climate deal is, except that maybe it's a finger at Trump.  So for those dumbshits, it's all good. 

• 1 month later...