• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

solve this nonsense

But yeah on the value front, the place that does work on my car has a 1998 911 carrera s 6 speed coupe for $115k.

I guess it's pretty rare.

http://www.carsauto.com/1998-porsche-911-carrera-s-c-1100.htm

Asked around a bit more on this and one of the gear heads think the '98 is the last year they did/had air induction, or something like that is no longer around.

I guess the next big one he mentioned, if we are looking at value, is a '02 911. I guess they had a twin turbo that year which will be highly sought after and I found them in the $30-40k range.

I don't have the space, but would seriously consider this investment after asking around a bit more.

The 918 Spyder is the baddest Porsche there is, while the GT3 RS is the baddest 911, even though it isn't quite as powerful as the turbo.

FTFY  

Brandon, it's the last year of their air cooled engine. Meaning no coolant/radiator. Porsche enthusiast are funny when it comes to air cooled vs water cooled  as they think only real porsches are air cooled. Seems Eric and Nate are both car guys.

Also, I go with Jag-wire but have been known to go with jag-war.

Only Brits use jag-you-ar

I don't know anyone who says jag-you-ar except for maybe Yoda, and that was back in Pittsburgh. Edited by ELEVEN

You can get a lot more car for a lot less, or at that price point.

That said, I'm having this convo with people and people aren't shitting on the Cayman like they used to. I really like the Audi/VW/Porsche suspension on their sports models.

Just curious but what cars are you thinking of that you can get more for less?  Looking at Nurburgring lap times for example, the only cars ahead of the Cayman S (~$65k) are around the same price or a lot more.

Not saying it is my first choice but HP isn't everything.  It is a very nimble and well setup car.  Porsche definitely knows how to make cars.

Edited by nate

FTFY

Brandon, it's the last year of their air cooled engine. Meaning no coolant/radiator. Porsche enthusiast are funny when it comes to air cooled vs water cooled as they think only real porsches are air cooled. Seems Eric and Nate are both car guys.

That was it....I was close.

Now even more impressed with the gear heads because he literally just spit that out. He was high on the Cayman and talked about the differences between the first model, which I remembered with something like 245hp for 60k.

Just curious but what cars are you thinking of that you can get more for less? Looking at Nurburgring lap times for example, the only cars ahead of the Cayman S (~$65k) are around the same price or a lot more.

Not saying it is my first choice but HP isn't everything. It is a very nimble and well setup car. Porsche definitely knows how to make cars.

The two we came up with were the Jag F-Type (maybe XR, I don't remember) and the Corvette for the 80K price point.

I'm behind though. I originally mentioned the GTR, but see those went from 80K to 100k....and I'm missing another car that jumped into the 100k price point now. Same with the Cayman. I was looking into getting one around 2009 when they first came out, a lot has changed since then.

Oh, part of the point was also getting something like a G35/37 loaded for 40k and stock you are close, the extra 20k you'd have a better car than the Cayman.

And you mean Audi make a good car, not Porsche.

True but I wouldn't own another Audi other than a 911.  I would rather have Lambo/Ferrari than an R8 V10 and a BMW M series than an Audi S series and a Merc for a standard luxury car.  Pure preference of course, outside of the M series which is just the best of that car genre.

At the 100k price point the Nissan GTR is the car to get if you are going for pure speed.  Nothing comes anywhere close to it at that price.

Corvette is an interesting choice, though it is more expensive than the Cayman like you mentioned.  They are also plastic and still not as refined as the other cars at that price point.

The F-Type doesn't come close to the other cars in the price range.  It is a cool roadster but literally every other high end sports car at that price range destroys it.

Instead of spending the money on a G37 and modding it, why not just get a M3?  Alfa 4C is also a great car out there at the $50k range if you just want a really small sports car.

Jag. Jag-wahr.

The new Vettes are very updated and are nothing like any Vette before it. Apparently purist Vette fans don't like it, but IMO I used to hate Corvettes, but I would now actually consider buying the new ones. And for their $55k starting price point it's hard to complain.

The new Vettes look almost like Ferraris, and the tailights are so unique you can tell it's a Vette from a mile away.

As far as air/water cooled, air cooled just reminds me of an outdated VW bug system. Water cooled has gotta be superior in almost any way. Maybe it makes the car heavier? I don't get guys who go back and forth on that kinda mundayne stuff.

Car people love their car's or favorite company's heritage and history and what makes them unique from other designs and companies.

Like how the madza RX series will probably always have a rotary engine. Its just how it is and what gives that model its identity.

Porsche's being air cooled is similar to that. Its something that identifies with a Porsche. You see that air grille in the back where the engine is, and what do you automatically think? Porsche

Jag. Jag-wahr.

The new Vettes are very updated and are nothing like any Vette before it. Apparently purist Vette fans don't like it, but IMO I used to hate Corvettes, but I would now actually consider buying the new ones. And for their $55k starting price point it's hard to complain.

The new Vettes look almost like Ferraris, and the tailights are so unique you can tell it's a Vette from a mile away.

As far as air/water cooled, air cooled just reminds me of an outdated VW bug system. Water cooled has gotta be superior in almost any way. Maybe it makes the car heavier? I don't get guys who go back and forth on that kinda mundayne stuff.

Agreed on the Vette, and it's really hard for me to like American. I kind of want to test drive the badass one.....but I also would rather buy a two-four year old R8 for that price.

Speaking of weight, I think someone mentioned that Porsche as a more center engine for better center of gravity with handling. I could be wrong on that though, I don't remember the model that one associated with but was a Porsche convo.

I defy you to find a way to pack for a weekend for two in an R8. The listed cargo space is 3 cubic feet or approximately 18inches by 24inches by 12inches .

the r8 has 3.5 cubic feet actually. ;)

and thats just the nose.

there is space behind the seats (they say enough for 2 golf bags, but i raise my eyebrow at that).

pretty much every owner knows you HAVE to buy the bespoke or roadsterbag luggage kit which is designed for the front trunk (frunk) and behind the seats space.

its definitely a draw-back (a 911 turbo feels like an SUV in comparison), but there is plenty of space for a light weekend trip.

Audi-R8-Soft-Front.jpg

_wsb_515x386_Roadsterbag+Audi+R8+luggage

I don't disagree that the new Vette is much better than the old ones.  Still has a long way to go though.  It is very plastic inside and out and just feels cheap.  Plus it has a huge heavy motor in the front that puts out the same power as a turbo charged v8 that is half the size.  Also, bone stock it costs 56k and the performance on the stock version is not great.  You need to spend 80k to get a Z06 to get one that can actually handle anything other than a Nascar left turn and for those $ you can get a three year old Aston Martin V8 Vantage that will look amazing and perform better.

Anyway since it is British it is pronounced "jag-you-are."  It is definitely not "jag-wire," that is how people that flunked out of high school pronounce it.

Edited by nate