• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

solve this nonsense

Ultimately it's a German family name, and the e is never silent.

So proper way is: porsh-uh. With emphasis on the porsh half. I dunno what that's called in German, but in French it would sound like è which is accent grave.

But most Americans and British just say porsh and drop the e altogether. German speakers will give you a weird look but they're used to it. Buy em a pint and everyone is happy.

I tend to just say porsh.

Or just say 911 turbo since ultimately that's the only model that matters.

Edited by mrwicked

Ultimately it's a German family name, and the e is never silent.

So proper way is: porsh-uh. With emphasis on the porsh half. I dunno what that's called in German, but in French it would sound like è which is accent grave.

But most Americans and British just say porsh and drop the e altogether. German speakers will give you a weird look but they're used to it. Buy em a pint and everyone is happy.

I tend to just say porsh.

Or just say 911 turbo since ultimately that's the only model that matters.

Ironically this came because of that.

I was looking at the Dupont Registry with regards to an R8, 911, Maseratti, etc. and came across mid to late 90's 911's that were going for 250-350k. I knew a dude that I went to high school with and was the champagne taste, beer budget type. Around 2008 the dude got a used 911 for ~30k. Looking at that now, some of those models are astronomical. The lowest seems to be 50-65k. I know they essentially appreciate in value, but damn.

Valet driver for about 3 years; dirty, no reason to even make that much money kinda job.

Porsh-ah is the way we always said it -- for the owners of course.

Hated Porsche's till I drove the Panamera. They are so nice when you sit in them. So with the Panamera and Cayenne coming out the past couple years (one's a 4 door car, ones an SUV type), many models (Carrera S, Turbos, 911's), have been greatly updated with the Panamera and Cayenne interiors, and drive much better than their older predecessors, IMO. I would actually consider buying one if I had the dough. They're go-kart feel kinda cars with way too much power, and they'll kinda scare the shit outta you if you're not careful. Only problem is, they don't seem to stick to the road. Could easily skid going around a corner. I could see someone who doesn't know how to drive spin one out.

But those guys with the Boxsters, don't worry about them. Those things are discount Porsche's, and are pretty much a poor mans Porsche with the name.

Ironically this came because of that.

I was looking at the Dupont Registry with regards to an R8, 911, Maseratti, etc. and came across mid to late 90's 911's that were going for 250-350k. I knew a dude that I went to high school with and was the champagne taste, beer budget type. Around 2008 the dude got a used 911 for ~30k. Looking at that now, some of those models are astronomical. The lowest seems to be 50-65k. I know they essentially appreciate in value, but damn.

Oh yeah porsche 911s hold their value as good as car out there.

But it's all about 911 turbo, the carrera is OK and the carrera s is sweet, but if you're going to get a 911 you have to get the turbo IMO.

Or, the turbo s. I test drove one a few months ago, it was just hilariously fun to drive.

Easier said than done of course, they are not cheap.

Ignore the people who say to get a GT3 instead of a turbo, they suck ass to drive every day. Fun on a track though.

But yeah on the value front, the place that does work on my car has a 1998 911 carrera s 6 speed coupe for $115k.

I guess it's pretty rare.

http://www.carsauto.com/1998-porsche-911-carrera-s-c-1100.htm

Edited by mrwicked

Crazy.

And yeah, **** the Boxster and Cayman. I laugh every time I see one of those. It's hilarious to pay that much for ~275hp.

I'd rather drop the extra dough and get a 911 for 120-150k

The GTS has 340 HP and if you had 80K to buy one you may understand why they beat the 911 in slalom tests.

The GTS has 340 HP and if you had 80K to buy one you may understand why they beat the 911 in slalom tests.

You can get a lot more car for a lot less, or at that price point.

That said, I'm having this convo with people and people aren't shitting on the Cayman like they used to. I really like the Audi/VW/Porsche suspension on their sports models.

You can get a lot more car for a lot less, or at that price point.

That said, I'm having this convo with people and people aren't shitting on the Cayman like they used to. I really like the Audi/VW/Porsche suspension on their sports models.

The newer Caymans are really sweet and the interior is live able. It used to be as Spartan as a Miata, an old Miata.

For $80K you can get a Corvette Stingray Z-06 that will leave the 911 in it's rear view mirror, in fact it leaves just about every supercar at thrice the price in it's wake.