• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Evidence that online fan voting for the All Star Game should be abolished

Alex Rios (KC) is in 4th place on the Outfielders list, with 3,952,551 votes.  Trouty's got 5,944,068 in second place.

Trout could pretty easily fall to third place (Alex Gordon, that paragon of men, is right on his heels at 5,581,096), but actually bumping him would be tough.

Look, I usually vote for Angels when I vote, but there is a far cry from voting a bit homerish and getting your AL-Worst Hitting 2B into the All Star Starter. I feel like no one here is voting for Matt Joyce as the LF or DH.

Honestly I feel like three Royals need to be removed : Morales, Hosmer, and of course, Infante. They are all in jeopardy of missing the vote, so if I were the commissioners office, I'd encourage my staff to "vote" for non-Royals. 

I feel like a lot of deserving players are going to miss out with the Royals bias, including a deserving Royals pitcher or two. There is no way Yost fills his team with more Royals because he doesn't have that much flexibility after the player vote. 

I'd expect the Players to elect Cabrera and Fielder, plus Altuve, Pedroia or Kipnis, Inglesias, Donaldson, Vogt, Reddick, Jones and others to the team.

In 2014, There were 9 reserve position players elected by the players, one of them, Salvador Perez ended up starting due to Wieters being injured. 

If 8 Royals are elected, the nine would likely be Cabrera at 1st, Altuve at 2nd, Inglesias at SS, Donaldson at 3rd, Vogt or Martin at C, Reddick, Jones, and Cespedes in the OF and Cruz as the DH.

Which means that the Rangers, White Sox, Indians, Twins, Red Sox, Yankees, Rays wouldn't be represented with a position player. Now Yost may have to add a deserving one from these teams, but more than likely only a few of them will be represented this way. And that means a lot of these teams will be represented with pitchers.  

But some of these teams don't have a deserving pitcher. Who on the Red Sox deserves to be an All Star?  Uehera? 

It will be a very tough position to be in for Yost.

Edited by Hubs

Pujols also has zero chance of going if Hosmer is elected. Has the AL home run leader ever not been an All-Star? 

If Cabrera is elected, and the players vote for Fielder, than Pujols could have an outside chance. 

If Cruz is elected, then the players could vote for him as even though he'd be a candidate to DH. 

Look, I usually vote for Angels when I vote, but there is a far cry from voting a bit homerish and getting your AL-Worst Hitting 2B into the All Star Starter. I feel like no one here is voting for Matt Joyce as the LF or DH.

Honestly I feel like three Royals need to be removed : Morales, Hosmer, and of course, Infante. They are all in jeopardy of missing the vote, so if I were the commissioners office, I'd encourage my staff to "vote" for non-Royals. 

I feel like a lot of deserving players are going to miss out with the Royals bias, including a deserving Royals pitcher or two. There is no way Yost fills his team with more Royals because he doesn't have that much flexibility after the player vote. 

I'd expect the Players to elect Cabrera and Fielder, plus Altuve, Pedroia or Kipnis, Inglesias, Donaldson, Vogt, Reddick, Jones and others to the team.

In 2014, There were 9 reserve position players elected by the players, one of them, Salvador Perez ended up starting due to Wieters being injured. 

If 8 Royals are elected, the nine would likely be Cabrera at 1st, Altuve at 2nd, Inglesias at SS, Donaldson at 3rd, Vogt or Martin at C, Reddick, Jones, and Cespedes in the OF and Cruz as the DH.

Which means that the Rangers, White Sox, Indians, Twins, Red Sox, Yankees, Rays wouldn't be represented with a position player. Now Yost may have to add a deserving one from these teams, but more than likely only a few of them will be represented this way. And that means a lot of these teams will be represented with pitchers.  

But some of these teams don't have a deserving pitcher. Who on the Red Sox deserves to be an All Star?  Uehera? 

It will be a very tough position to be in for Yost.

But...but...but...there CAN'T be an All-Star Game with no Yankees or Red Sox position players. It's not allowed.

Actually, Teixiera probably deserves to go, but since Hosmer, Cabrera, Fielder, and Pujols are ahead of him at 1B/DH, he doesn't go.

I think it's definitely being hacked. 

Someone wrote a bot that uses made up email addresses (or an email list) to vote, whiie at public IP addresses like Starbucks. But they covered their tracks well, probably not voting the max from each address and I don't trust MLB to be able to spot a clever hacker.

I think it's definitely being hacked. 

Someone wrote a bot that uses made up email addresses (or an email list) to vote, whiie at public IP addresses like Starbucks. But they covered their tracks well, probably not voting the max from each address and I don't trust MLB to be able to spot a clever hacker.

Or they can get the FBI to investigate, since they're already working on the Cardinals' front office.