• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Evidence that online fan voting for the All Star Game should be abolished

If voting ended today, 7 players from the Kansas City Royals would make the team

According to fan voting:

• Eric Hosmer is better than Miguel Cabrera, 
  • Lorenzo Cain is better than Mike Trout (Trout is second in voting, top three outfielders get in) 
  • Kendrys Morales is better than Nelson Cruz

The only players not on the Royals roster to make the starting squad are Mike Trout and Jose Altuve, and Altuve is close to being overtaken by Omar Infante.

Edited by ScottLux

Evidence the Royal fans care more than other fans. Blame Angel and Tiger fans, it's their fault.

People shouldn't stuff the ballot boxes with their own players "just because". It's just being dumb, ignorant homers.

I wouldn't vote for Pujols at first, because he isn't the best player at that position. Cabrera is. Just like I wouldn't vote for Freese at 3rd over Donaldson.

Trout should refuse to play. Just tell them to send whatever stiff plays the Royals 3rd OF position to make it a clean scam/sweep.

I think this will just about be the end of fan voting.

There is actaully a precedent for this:

in 1957, fans of the Cincinnati Reds stuffed the ballot box (see below), and elected a Red to every position except first base. Commissioner Ford Frickstepped in and removed two Reds from the lineup. As a response to this unfairness, fan voting was discontinued; players, coaches, and managers were given the sole authority to elect starting position players, for the next dozen years.

This is hilarious to me. I think we should all also vote for KC players.

How awesome would it be to have the entire Royals starting roster in there..... And I would bet money they would win.

Lets do it guys!

on a side note, it's odd how irrelevant the yankees have become. They're in first place yet the fans aren't voting in masses like they usually do.

Maybe their fans are getting smarter? **** if I know.

Edited by Poozy

I dont understand.  Kansas City is a **** hole and a pretty small market.  Beats me how they are getting so many votes, but I guess the whole state is getting in on that voting process.  It is pretty absurd that a game which effects the World Series is dependent on a fan vote.

But with that said MLB will step in and inflate some of those numbers a bit.  They will rig the votes to where only a few Royals players get in.  

I thought AW was campaigning for its members to stuff the ballot box for all the Angel players deserving or not?

one article writer on MLB.com mentioned "get out the vote for Angels players". Just about everyone on this forum agreed that Trout is the only Angels position player who deserves to appear in the all star game. 

This is in stark contrast to Rex Hudler, who begins every Royals TV broadcast with specific instructions to fans on how to  vote dozens of times for every Royals player. 

Edited by ScottLux

I dont understand.  Kansas City is a **** hole and a pretty small market.  Beats me how they are getting so many votes, but I guess the whole state is getting in on that voting process.  It is pretty absurd that a game which effects the World Series is dependent on a fan vote.

But with that said MLB will step in and inflate some of those numbers a bit.  They will rig the votes to where only a few Royals players get in.  

Makes sense, a shitty small market controls the voting.

Like those years all Yankees or Red Sox players started.