• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Funny thing about SP..

What would you guys have done this year? Imo, keep Morales and sign Saunders. Trading Walden for Hanson was fine, but he shouldn't have been anything other than a #5. We never should have signed Blanton and traded for Vargas. I also would have kept Greinke since we paid Hamilton the same thing and needed SP help more than offense. Or just not sign Greinke and use that money to sign some other quality SPs.

What would you guys have done this year? Imo, keep Morales and sign Saunders. Trading Walden for Hanson was fine, but he shouldn't have been anything other than a #5. We never should have signed Blanton and traded for Vargas. I also would have kept Greinke since we paid Hamilton the same thing and needed SP help more than offense. Or just not sign Greinke and use that money to sign some other quality SPs.

Agreed^

I've never seen a rotation put together as poorly as this one.

Agree, Dipito should start looking for another job. The entire management needs to be looked at.

In all fairness to Dipito,  there wasn't much SP out there this off season.  That's why he beefed up the offense a little more with Hamilton.  We just have to start scoring runs the way we are capable.  2 lousy runs. Homers by guys who don't hit homers.  our core needs to wake their asses up and start getting some timely hits! 

In all fairness to Dipito,  there wasn't much SP out there this off season.  That's why he beefed up the offense a little more with Hamilton.  We just have to start scoring runs the way we are capable.  2 lousy runs. Homers by guys who don't hit homers.  our core needs to wake their asses up and start getting some timely hits! 

I highly doubt that Hamilton was a Dipoto decison.

It is what it is. In all honesty, I would have rather brought back Haren and Santana rather than go with Fat Joe. I don't mind the trade for Hanson, as I don't think Walden would have been any better and Hanson has proven before that he could be decent. I think that was a fair gamble.

I would have kept Morales at least to the trade deadline, but I don't have much of an issue with Vargas. Its Fat Joe that really bothers me.

I have a real problem with Vargas. Five innings , eight hits , five or more runs. Not just yhat , but alsohr is a FA at the end of the season. Imagine how much more the Angels could have received in return if Dipoto was more patient. Tampa, The Yanks, Cleveland all could have used a 1b/DH.

I think Dipoto has done a horrific job of puting together this team. Let's see how long Artie can hold out before dumping the whole bunch.

I have a real problem with Vargas. Five innings , eight hits , five or more runs. Not just yhat , but alsohr is a FA at the end of the season. Imagine how much more the Angels could have received in return if Dipoto was more patient. Tampa, The Yanks, Cleveland all could have used a 1b/DH.

I think Dipoto has done a horrific job of puting together this team. Let's see how long Artie can hold out before dumping the whole bunch.

I'm not sure why people think Morales's value was so much higher than Vargas.

Defensively limited, slow footed DHs coming off a sub .800 OPS season with one year left before FA don't exactly bring in a huge haul of talent.