• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Green back down to SLC

Glen

No it's not his fault he got hurt but it's not like he's making it a difficult decision for the Angels. If Cron or Joyce were doing anything Green would be a total after thought. Green needs to hit when he is given a chance.

He had 15 at bats in this MLB stint and has 21 for the season. Would love to know how that counts as being "given a chance".

Cron is absolutely worthless as long as he's a 4A player.  And he can't be anything other than a 4A player at this point until he either becomes a former player, or learns to hit big league pitching.  Unfortunately the only sensible thing to do with him is play him, try and get him the reps to figure it out, and hope he learns to adjust.

Green is _almost_ getting to the same boat though.   I think Green has more upside, but it's a close call - would you rather have a .230 hitter who hits 25 homers, but strikes out 160+ times and has no glove, or a .260 slap hitter with no power and a barely serviceable glove.  I'd rather have the OPS and versatility, but what I'd REALLY rather have is both of them go on a tear at the same time, then package the both of em in a trade for someone who can actually be a regular starter long term.

I've said it before and will say it again. If we had no intention of using Grant Green we should have kept Callaspo, Bourjos, and Grichuk.

With more OF depth we could have even avoided the Jeppy for Joyce traded.

We got Green for the expiring contract of Callaspo, the Angels obviously had no intention of keeping Callaspo. I agree that Green should be given the chances that Cron is being given, but you have to admit that Cron performed better last year than Green did. Also while Cron sucks, he is capable of hitting the long ball which we haven't seen from Green. If it was my call I would give Green a couple weeks of everyday at bats, like we did Cron.

Green hit .273 in his last 7 games. He's only had 20 ABs this year and that's what he's doing. And they send him back down, in favor of Cron, who has done next to nothing this year? Bullshit. It's clear Green's not wanted on this team. That's too bad because IMHO he could do well if he had a steady chance to play.

If they're not going to use him they need to trade him to another team that might actually let him play. Letting him spin his wheels in AAA isn't doing him any favors.