• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nuke this team now

Lots of things to do here - Arte can make this happen all while the Angels are on the plane after another sad performance.

-Tell Jerry to deliver this team in the playoffs or he's done. Weak AL West. We can still win this division with a good July or August - but not the way this team phones it in, day in and day out.

-Enough wish Sosh. There's no inspiration here. Richards just doesn't suck all of a sudden. Lots of seemingly unmotivated players right now. The Base running is incredibly undisciplined. Make Baylor interim and start loading up on some fiery guys for coaches. Pull Ersrad in to be hitting coach. Make Gubi the pitching coach.

-Find any guy that will inspire Pujols to rake. If he's mashing, this team will pick it up. It's contagious and Trout is his own phenomenon. When Albert gets hot, the team heats up (this isn't based on numbers, just my fuzzy history of Albert being the lightning rod)

-Enough with Cron. He's an AAAA player. He is indecisive or plain unable at the plate.

-Enough with Ianetta. We've been so piss poor at catcher for years, let's go with Carlos Perez and leave it at that.

-Calhoun back to lead off. Let's stop screwing around here. He can set the table and clearly he's not working anywhere else.

-Instill some confidence in the rotation and let them go after hitters.

-Bring in some speed ASAP. Get rid of someone to get the guy we need to bat second, and run around the base paths. Promote anyone with speed and start pinch running in games where we are close but suck.

The bullpen is fine. Get a lead, and we win. We can't swing for the fences every game.

I have defended JeDi before but not this time.  How can you expect Richards, Shoe and Santiago to repeat their performance last year?  Everyone knows CJ sucks.  Not to mention trading Howie without a replacement.  Plus Joyce as his Hamilton insurance.

Scioscia - THE MAD GENIUS - has been driving me cray cray for seasons now.

STOP the catching platooning. Just stop it.

PITCH Joe Smith in the 8th ONLY and Houston Street in the 9th ONLY...{hopefully with a lead)

I'd rather have young talented kids playing, garnering experience, than watching bums like Joyce (.190), Ianada (.174), Nieuwenhuis (1.09).

Next - #FireMikeButcher...

He has destroyed the staff. Just look at KEVIN JEPSEN now and his 1.88 ERA. Jason Grilli - misused in 2014 - and his 16 saves....simply awful to be bombed and swept by a team that was swept and destroyed a short time ago by Texas...in Yankee Stadium

JoJo you're logic is not logic, but I am in favor of blowing up the coaching staff. I wouldn't give Jerry an ultimatum to make the playoffs or else, because that could mean no more pitching depth and veteran bats that aren't difference makers being acquired for those high upside arms.

Nate, he didn't expect those pitchers to pitch like they did last year, that is why he has Heaney and Trop as insurance. As much as I miss Howie, I get the trade and think Jonny G has done well. Che certainly isn't the problem.

I have defended JeDi before but not this time.  How can you expect Richards, Shoe and Santiago to repeat their performance last year?  Everyone knows CJ sucks.  Not to mention trading Howie without a replacement.  Plus Joyce as his Hamilton insurance.

Shoe is slowly returning to form, Richards will be fine and Santiago has been fantastic. And Johnny Drama and Howie's WRC+ are close and Drams's defense has been better. Unless that whole thing was sarcastic?

At some point we have to stick with a GM. IMO most of the issues on this team aren't of Dipoto's making. He has been severely hamstrung by the Pujols and Hamilton contracts (neither his doing) in terms of who could be acquired to help the club. He has done a stellar job of rebuilding what was one of the worst farm systems in MLB when he arrived, and he has done a creditable job of addressing team needs given the financial restraints he has been under. I'm still a Dipoto fan. This is just one of those seasons when everyone underperforms. You can't explain it and you can't fix it on the fly.

Yep QM, I put a thread together about this a few weeks back. They aren't good together, different philosophy.

I think it would be a huge mistake to get rid of Sosh and hang on to Dipoto. I think that we've seen enough of Jerry's work with Blanton, Madsen, Hanson, Burnett, Ibanez, Joyce, Iannetta, Frieri, Buckner, Brasier, Boshers, Coello, Enright, Lowe, Lucho, Hawpe, De La Rosa, LeBlanc, Grube, Buck, O'Malley and Stewart to name a few.

This guy has flipped the roster enough.

Get rid of Scioscia. I sound like a broken record since I have been saying this for years, but it makes the most sense. I understand Scioscia does not have much to work with, but it just seems like his schtick has run its course. You can't get rid of all of the players and a new voice would be great. This entire organization is just stale.

Let him get through this season and then part ways after the year. The team is terrible fundamentally and plays terrible, unmotivated baseball.

People will probably say, well he won us 98 games last year. Yeah, we won 98 games and then went on to get run out of the ballpark as if we were a little league team. The peak for that team was winning the division. Look at their ridiculous celebration. It's as if a World Championship is not even the goal. Mark my words, this team will never win a championship again with Mike Scioscia as its' manager.

I think it would be a huge mistake to get rid of Sosh and hang on to Dipoto. I think that we've seen enough of Jerry's work with Blanton, Madsen, Hanson, Burnett, Ibanez, Joyce, Iannetta, Frieri, Buckner, Brasier, Boshers, Coello, Enright, Lowe, Lucho, Hawpe, De La Rosa, LeBlanc, Grube, Buck, O'Malley and Stewart to name a few.

Yikes. That list is brutal. I'd probably get rid of both. Dipoto now and get a guy in here that can make stuff happen at the deadline.

Get rid of Scioscia at the end of the year unless he somehow magically turns this thing around.

you left out the gem.......Mark Mulder

Get rid of Scioscia. I sound like a broken record since I have been saying this for years, but it makes the most sense. I understand Scioscia does not have much to work with, but it just seems like his schtick has run its course. You can't get rid of all of the players and a new voice would be great. This entire organization is just stale.

Let him get through this season and then part ways after the year. The team is terrible fundamentally and plays terrible, unmotivated baseball.

People will probably say, well he won us 98 games last year. Yeah, we won 98 games and then went on to get run out of the ballpark as if we were a little league team. The peak for that team was winning the division. Look at their ridiculous celebration. It's as if a World Championship is not even the goal. Mark my words, this team will never win a championship again with Mike Scioscia as its' manager.

I like how his schtick has "run it's course" but, the AL Champions last year were a clone of the old Scioscia teams.  

I dunno if MS is the problem or not but his blueprint for winning games still works just fine.   Unfortunately for us his current team isn't capable of playing that sort of game and they are failing miserably at doing what they are supposed to be good at.   The sad part is the one guy on the team that could play the MS brand of ball has completely abandoned his speed game and has become an all or nothing swinger of late

I like how his schtick has "run it's course" but, the AL Champions last year were a clone of the old Scioscia teams.

I dunno if MS is the problem or not but his blueprint for winning games still works just fine. Unfortunately for us his current team isn't capable of playing that sort of game and they are failing miserably at doing what they are supposed to be good at. The sad part is the one guy on the team that could play the MS brand of ball has completely abandoned his speed game and has become an all or nothing swinger of late

Well maybe Mike Scioscia should adjust? It's just a complete cluster and has been for awhile. The 98 win season went down the drain when they got blown out in the division series.

As a fan, I want a team that can win in the postseason. AL West titles are just meh.

I'd like to see Mike let go before Jerry. Jerry has put some awesome young pitching prospects together. His work on the offensive side is rather embarrassing, however. 

Let's see if he's willing to deal for some offensively talented people that can set the table for Trout and Pujols. Put Kole back at leadoff and get some other people who can consistently rake and get on base.

I dunno if MS is the problem or not but his blueprint for winning games still works just fine.   Unfortunately for us his current team isn't capable of playing that sort of game and they are failing miserably at doing what they are supposed to be good at.   The sad part is the one guy on the team that could play the MS brand of ball has completely abandoned his speed game and has become an all or nothing swinger of late

The best managers adapt to the talent on hand. They don't try to force the talent that they have to fit one rigid system that they must use in order to be successful.

Well maybe Mike Scioscia should adjust? It's just a complete cluster and has been for awhile. The 98 win season went down the drain when they got blown out in the division series.

As a fan, I want a team that can win in the postseason. AL West titles are just meh.

Adjust to what?  Guys who are supposed to walk not walking and power hitters not hitting for power?  For Scioscia to adjust don't those guys need to actually do what they are supposed to be good at?   The two weeks Matt Joyce and Chris Ianetta remotely looked like themselves the team played well.

This team has too many low average bad contact hitters.   David Freese, Matt Joyce and Chris Ianetta are all low average OBP guys or at least supposed to be.  They have failed miserably at their supposed strength -- getting on base.

The best managers adapt to the talent on hand. They don't try to force the talent that they have to fit one rigid system that they must use in order to be successful.

Some of you are acting as if this team is failing because they are trying to play a style they cannot.   The reality is they are failing at what they are designed to do.  People obsessing over a bunt in a game where the 4-5-6-7 hitters go a combined 0-for whatever can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't give a rats ass if they fire MS, but I know the reason they are losing isn't because he is trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Edited by Inside Pitch