• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Move Kole Back to Leadoff

Tyler

Shane is right, Calhoun is not suited for hitting in #4 spot. Sadly, Aybar has not been any type of an upgrade as leadoff so one player move weakened two spots in the order.

And Scioscia will keep trying to fit that round peg in the square hole. Props to him for trying, but it's obviously not working.

Hes not getting the same pitches as he was when he was hitting in front of Trout. That said if he was hitting 3rd and directly behind Trout and jn front of Pujols, it would solve this problem.

This is what I've wanted to see for some time. You get the Right/Left/Right alternation that Scioscia is proud of, and with Kole batting you're more likely to see Trout steal bases. 

There is zero evidence that the position a player in the batting order impacts their performance. Just because there's correlation, in that Calhoun started sucking when he moved down in the order, there's no causation. I think the balance of the lineup is better with him hitting first or second...but if he's still going to be sucking it's not going to change much.

+

Enough is enough. This is like watching Ryan Kelly try to play the three last year for the Lakers. He needs to be hitting in front of Trout. 

Batting #1: .305 AVG, .350 OBP, .459 SLG, .809 OPS, 111 AB

Batting #4: .224 AVG, ..309 OBP, .318 SLG, .627 OPS, 85 AB

Please end this experiment already...

+1. They also need to stop stating Joyce in LF as well.

The most frustrating part is I don't remember there being any reason to put him in the 4 spot. Because he was hitting so well at leadoff??

It was like one day Skip just decided, Aybar was gonna start at leadoff and Calhoun was down to the 4 spot, then all of a sudden we saw both players production with a bat just plummet.

I like Calhoun as a lead off batter regardless, he just seemed to be good at it, made at-bats last, and we haven't had a good lead off hitter in a while.

The most frustrating part is I don't remember there being any reason to put him in the 4 spot. Because he was hitting so well at leadoff??

It was like one day Skip just decided, Aybar was gonna start at leadoff and Calhoun was down to the 4 spot, then all of a sudden we saw both players production with a bat just plummet.

I like Calhoun as a lead off batter regardless, he just seemed to be good at it, made at-bats last, and we haven't had a good lead off hitter in a while.

I tried to answer this in the game day thread where you mentioned this.