• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No no, lets wait till July to dumpster dive...

We discuss deadline moves every season but I'm not so sure about the guy making the moves.

I wouldn't let Dipoto make anymore moves. This is his failed plan and if I was Arte I would start looking for a new GM.

We have no business chasing the Astros and Jerry has had plenty more $$$ and flexibility to work with than the Astros GM who was hired within days of Dipoto.

We are sitting at .500 with a -1 run differential. Pull the plug Arte and let's right the ship.

For a team that likes to be aggressive on the bases, we certianly dont have the right personnel for it.  I think this offense would be a lot better if they werent running into pointless outs all the time, but that stems directly from the mentality of the manager.  Dipoto and Scioscia do not mesh well together, this team is not suited for Mike Scioscia at all.  Were a station to station team that runs into outs, no surprise the offensive numbers are terrible.  

The Astros are the next A's?

The difference between this and last season is the offense was actually producing to compensate for a terrible bullpen and sketchy starting pitching. Once the bullpen was straightened out they Angels were able to string together a lot of winning series. I just don't see the breakthrough coming with the bats to put them on a roll.

Fwiw

Last yr after 56 games we were 30-26 and we just had got pounded in oakland. We're just 2 games being that and freri was still the closer

Edit- we had just got swept in oakland and 4.5 gb. I'm sure we had no hope at that time last yr as we do now

Heck, I think they beat us 2 in a row in August in Oakland and I gave up (and was told by the board to shut up)....I got that right, we only won 98 games....10 games ahead of the A's....

In two months, the Angels could have a garage sale.

No because they have very few assets people want. The Angels won't trade more than one starting pitcher, possibly Smith, and that pretty much sums up their tradeable assets.

Edited by Stradling

Freeze is the perfect player to trade if there is a market for him. You just have to weigh return of prospects versus can he help you get back in it down the stretch.

In a league where starting pitching is at such a premium can any of you honestly see the Angels doing some sort of fire sale where they trade any more than one starting pitcher? CJ is obviously the one we want them to trade. But even if you trade our most expensive starter could you see any reason to trade another one? Our starters make no money and are pieces to build off of if we were rebuilding.

Freeze is the perfect player to trade if there is a market for him. You just have to weigh return of prospects versus can he help you get back in it down the stretch.

In a league where starting pitching is at such a premium can any of you honestly see the Angels doing some sort of fire sale where they trade any more than one starting pitcher? CJ is obviously the one we want them to trade. But even if you trade our most expensive starter could you see any reason to trade another one? Our starters make no money and are pieces to build off of if we were rebuilding.

Let's be honest the al west is weak in 2014. I think 3 teams will be in it come the deadline. Us, stros, rangers. If we're within 3 of the WC and let's say 4-6 gb of the division. Are we buyers?

We discuss deadline moves every season but I'm not so sure about the guy making the moves.

I wouldn't let Dipoto make anymore moves. This is his failed plan and if I was Arte I would start looking for a new GM.

We have no business chasing the Astros and Jerry has had plenty more $$$ and flexibility to work with than the Astros GM who was hired within days of Dipoto.

We are sitting at .500 with a -1 run differential. Pull the plug Arte and let's right the ship.

Even if he did that we're still F'ed as long as Arte is still owner because he is the real problem.

Even if he did that we're still F'ed as long as Arte is still owner because he is the real problem.

They need to hire a President of Baseball Operations / GM with experience. Gerard was hired with a tiny 2-month resume as an interim GM and was touted as a genius. I don't think Arte will pick up his next option if the team continues to flounder. I would be ok with Arte putting Dipoto in charge of scouting only.

Edited by CALZONE

They need to hire a President of Baseball Operations / GM with experience. Gerard was hired with a tiny 2-month resume as an interim GM and was touted as a genius. I don't think Arte will pick up his next option if the team continues to flounder. I would be ok with Arte putting Dipoto in charge of scouting only.

Patience starts with a P, you'll feel better if you do that first.

I don't understand all the people who want to dump the GM in June following a 98-win season. Despite perceptions of an unlimited budget Dipoto hasn't had one due to the contracts Moreno handed out on his own, dumping Hamilton for nothing wasn't part of the 2015 plan and a lot of players are just underperforming. It happens. Dipoto inherited a dumpster fire, and he has addressed needs and rebuilt the minor league system. We actually have some hope of players being called up who can help, which wasn't there before. Some other changes should be made, but IMO the GM isn't one of them.

i dont want to dump the GM.. i want him to do his job.

the team made the position we are in by giving Hamilton away for nothing... they need to fix it.

if we wait till July the season may well be over... and nothing of value is going to be had for David frigging Freese.

We need an impact OF/DH or both... and we need them now, not 2 months from now.. or we might as well start selling and getting ready for next season and just writing if to as the fustercluck its been so far. 

i dont want to dump the GM.. i want him to do his job.

the team made the position we are in by giving Hamilton away for nothing... they need to fix it.

if we wait till July the season may well be over... and nothing of value is going to be had for David frigging Freese.

We need an impact OF/DH or both... and we need them now, not 2 months from now.. or we might as well start selling and getting ready for next season and just writing if to as the fustercluck its been so far.

You can say that but it doesn't mean it's as simple as saying, "ok let's get an impact bat". Do we give up the future for a veteran solid bat? I say no, unless it is a major deal, bringing in a young impact bat. Otherwise just make a move for an Ethier type.