• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's talk trades

I think Wilson, Santiago and Shoemaker are the first choice trade options in an effort to keep everyone with the highest ceilings. Rucinski and Tropeano are next. Heaney only in the case of a major move.

Cron isn't attractive to anyone who hasn't already paid money for Trumbo. He'd be awesome in Japan.

Gomez from Milwaukee is the most appealing name out there to me. Maybe AJ Pollock from the Dbacks.

Any interest in Eric Young who got DFA'd from the Braves

I'm always leery of anyone who is DFAd. My feeling is that the club doing the designating knows something that I probably don't or the move wouldn't have been made. DFA to me means that the club sees no way that this player will ever contribute again.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Dipoto said himself, right now, in order to make an offensive upgrade it's going to cost his pitching depth that he's worked hard to acquire.

He inquired on Revere and Amaro asked for either Heaney or Tropeano. Dipoto isn't dumb enough to make that move.

If he wants an all-star caliber hitter, it's likely going to cost Newcomb and more in prospects. If he doesn't want to pay in prospects, it'll likely cost Santiago and Shoemaker. If that doesn't work then it's just a bad contract swap, meaning he'll be giving up CJ Wilson for a lesser hitter with a worse contract.

Any move he makes is going to come with risk, having said that, Heaney and Tropeano are ready and Dipoto pretty much has to make a move. Others won't want to take on CJ's contract unless they're getting rid of one of their own, can afford to lose a hitter, need pitching and intend to compete. That's a really specific situation that likely doesn't arise. The closest you'll see is the Dodgers and Ethier for Wilson. That only happens if they stop needing Ethier, which means everyone has to hit and their recent signees make an impact.

As for Shoemaker, he isn't pitching well enough to garner considerable trade value. The only guy on the major league roster that can be traded is Hector Santiago, and the possibilities there are endless. Other than that, it'll cost prospects with upside: Alcantara, Rhoades, Ellis, Smith, Paredes.

Outside the box, perhaps another teams asks about Skaggs knowing he doesn't pitch until next year.

Two months into the season ... Angels are still in good shape to win the division.

A trade for a reliable power bat needs to happen soon. I wouldn't trade CJ or Santiago with Shoemaker struggling. Heaney and Tropeano may be ready but may struggle at the ML level. I would possibly package Cron with a young arm and see what you can find.

If Shoemaker continues to struggle bring up one of Heaney or Tropeano.

I watched Alcantara tonight in Lake Elsinore. He is shit. I don't give any hope for this idiot's future. Cowart is ahead of him as a more developed arm. Get anything you can for him right now, if you can find a sucker.

I watched Alcantara tonight in Lake Elsinore. He is shit. I don't give any hope for this idiot's future. Cowart is ahead of him as a more developed arm. Get anything you can for him right now, if you can find a sucker.

you watched one game. one game and you defined alcantara's entire career progression? that's idiotic.

I have a dream scenario of getting goldschmidt and pollock from the d-backs for Heaney, Yarborough, Bedrosian, Cron, and Chris Ellis. D-backs seem to not think they can compete with the trade of trumbo. No way it happens but if Dipoto pulled it off it would transform this team into a World Series contender.

I have a dream scenario of getting goldschmidt and pollock from the d-backs for Heaney, Yarborough, Bedrosian, Cron, and Chris Ellis. D-backs seem to not think they can compete with the trade of trumbo. No way it happens but if Dipoto pulled it off it would transform this team into a World Series contender.

...and destroy our "weak" farm system.

Im not big on rhe ethier idea. I agree hes a solid player, and a huge upgrade over joyce...and i always kind of liked the guy, the dodgers did real well in that trade.

But his numbers the last few years bave been dipping, and his splits aginst lefties are pretty bad last i checked.

Dunno...just not thinking he would help out a ton

I say we should keep those Rondons in our pockets. This team does not have a WS in it. If we make a deal we should be jettisoning Wilson's salary and/or getting solid nucleus guys like Betts, who could make an impact next year and beyond.

Bad idea ... what if the Giants used this logic last season? You don't trade a veteran pitcher like Wilson this early in the season just to get salary relief. The time to win is now! This team is not as bad as you guys make it out to be.

Trade some young talent for a power bat or two. Angels have plenty of young pitching to spare.

luckily staying within 5 or 6 games of hou.     thats good and bad.   could be false sense of how good we are as opposed to how shitty we really are.

the wilson for ethier trade is the only one that makes sense for this year....either our dudes are going to bring it together or they won't and one stud hitter is not the difference.    we wanted to get our of wilson anyway this year if there were takers....here you go.  

now if there was a stud for the future and not just this year....i am for it if it makes sense...although i am resigned to the fact that any body coming to us will be cursed and suck...not remotely living up to the contract given or players given up.

last year angels had that thing late in the year that won games....don't see it yet....maybe a little more time before the sell off...send weaver and wilson to winning teams for ws runs....as a favor to them...at least sell it that way.....reboot next year.