• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's talk trades

Figured most of us like to speculate about trades and if you don't then you can simply read along or find other threads, so here it goes. It has been widely reported that the Angels want a left handed bat and there are a few available, Lind, Howard and Ethier. So we know that the better or less expensive the player is the more it will cost as far as prospects or starting pitching. So what would you give up for Ethier and how much of his salary would you want the Dodgers to pick up? Would you trade CJ straight up for Ethier with no money changing hands? I think he is owed about $35 million after this year for two years and CJ is at about $20 million next season. Tell me your thoughts.

I highly doubt they trade from their major league roster. I think Dipoto will look to acquire a bat that's under club control. For some reason, I think he trades for Blackmon or Dickerson from the Rockies. Their road numbers are ugly but that hasn't stopped Dipoto before.

Edited by SoWhat

Tropeano/Bedrosian for Jose Bautista

Bautista average is down but has a solid OBP, he's been dealing with a shoulder injury but I'd expect the average to come back up when that heals. He's got a cannon for an arm, we'd move Kole to left obviously. The Jays need to trade some bats for pitching, I expect them to try and trade Edwin before Bautista but Eddy isn't a fit here. They have a young rotation and add to that with Trop and bullpen help with Cam. Throw in Cron so they can flip Edwin if they want to, god knows we don't want him.

But if you're looking for a left handed bat only I'd prefer Brandon Moss if the Indians become sellers.

I don't think Bautista is realistic unless we want to gut our young starting pitching depth.

I like Ethier more than a lot of other bats rumored out there. Im aware of his numbers against lefties, but I think he would have the lowest price/highest upside. Thats assuming the money makes sense. I've been an advocate for trading CJ ever since he has been pitching unusually good this year.

Why in the world would anyone want to flip Edwin for Cron?

Edwin has a 10 mill club option next season and Bautista 14... If the Jays become big time sellers they may as well trade Eddy for pitching and ask for Cron as a throw in just DH or whatever. The Jays aren't built to win now, they may as well trade Eddy and Jose for pitching

I don't think Bautista is realistic unless we want to gut our young starting pitching depth.

I like Ethier more than a lot of other bats rumored out there. Im aware of his numbers against lefties, but I think he would have the lowest price/highest upside. Thats assuming the money makes sense. I've been an advocate for trading CJ ever since he has been pitching unusually good this year.

Yeah you could be right about Bautista, I was thinking his value could be low right now due to the injury but the Jays have won a couple in a row and may ride this out. I'm sure this is Alex Anthopolis' (or whatever) last season unless they win, he may not sell at all and just hope for the best.