• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Night Market

This seems to be a buzz, but looked it up and it's basically Asian night.

I live in Tustin, work in Irvine, and go to the Packing District in Anaheim and that plaza on Alton in Irvine.......I've had my daily fill of Asian. They even bring in lunch to the office 2-3 times a week and it's Asian....we are so diverse that it mixes between Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese.

The plaza on Alton got me into 85 Cafe and the ramen place (I could crush ramen joints all day), but this seems to just be an Asian market which is just standard to me at this point.

The menu of places look great if it's not your norm though and you want to get out. There are some hidden Asian gems.

Just got back from Night Market.  It was a cool.  $5 at the door to walk around and look at tons of oriental food, some known, some unknown.  I'm told tomorrow 4-10pm) is the lightest day but be warned...the lines are very long for food.  

It's not a big drinking event so that eliminates any interest from about 97% of this board.  But you can get beers and walk about.  

I ate something called 'the dank' or something like that from the Buddha Bing truck.  It was good but the best thing they had was their lil' bitty tacos.  Excellent.  

I also had a sort of potato chip curly cue thing on a stick.  It was real popular but it ultimately tastes like a bag of Lays.  There are two lines here:  one to order, and one to pick up.  Homeboy in front of me was very chagrined to learn, after about 25 minutes in line, that he was in the wrong line.  

The oddest thing (outside of some of the food combos) was the Stussy sample sale tent.  It looked like an ant farm with clothes being thrown around everywhere.  Park at OCC, or pay $7 to park at the un-Fairgrounds.  

Yes GB it is same owner as 626.

DR thank you as always for your reviews.

Looking to try the ramen donut and the spanimal fries, even though spam isn't my thing.

Lots of jokester posts from a site that is 96% fatty and 97% alcoholic. Good call on that DR, no binge drinking, no enthusiasm.

I figured there were more eaters on the board interested in that kind of stuff.

Edited by SOTO

Ramen donut and spam fries are right next to each other.  There, you may see a short, rotund latino gay man with black framed glasses.  His name is Bobby and he is very jovial and kind.  He is always sweating.  He doesn't know me as "DR," but I know him through other food events.  He is a wealth of food knowledge and knows what is happening on the local food scene.  Remarkably, he does not have any pretentious food or chef-oriented tattoos going down either arm.  If you have any questions, ask him.  

Bobby knows.

Yes.  I think he has something to do with food beast.  He also has his own restaurant/food marketing biz.  If you ever want to see a bunch of overwrought drama kings and queens, dive into the local restaurant pr and marketing world.  Amazing what these people can get catty about.  

Yes.  I think he has something to do with food beast.  He also has his own restaurant/food marketing biz.  If you ever want to see a bunch of overwrought drama kings and queens, dive into the local restaurant pr and marketing world.  Amazing what these people can get catty about.  

That's what I do for a living, along with hospitality and tourism PR.   Plus the occasional supply chain client.

I ate something called 'the dank' or something like that from the Buddha Bing truck.  It was good but the best thing they had was their lil' bitty tacos.  Excellent.  

I also had a sort of potato chip curly cue thing on a stick.  It was real popular but it ultimately tastes like a bag of Lays.  There are two lines here:  one to order, and one to pick up.  Homeboy in front of me was very chagrined to learn, after about 25 minutes in line, that he was in the wrong line.  

sorry but this sounds like crap and I would never wait 25 minutes in line for a potato chip on a stick.

Hmmm, doesn't ring a bell.

At the top they have that high end custom craft cocktail bar that I think is the only one that is open on all sides. Pricey because they are hand crafted with higher end ingredients (like absinthe).

The Iron Press is the opposite end in the corner, but straight craft beers.

Right below the Iron Press is some kind of Asian seafood place with a bar.

And next to the bottom Asian place they have a prohibition style bar where you knock on a certain door and give them a password to get in....never been though or seen it open up.

Don't remember any camera machine though. Iron Press is the busiest and the craft cocktail thing is cool, but takes forever because of how they make them. Anaheim Brewing is across that little lawn/park too.

sorry but this sounds like crap and I would never wait 25 minutes in line for a potato chip on a stick.

Nothing to be sorry about.  It wasn't worth the wait.  Had I known, I would've kept on walking.  But all the lines were long so I just picked the one that looked least long and most pronounceable.  Like I stated, it was pretty much a Lay's potato chip on a stick.  

My one regret is that I didn't think of this event.  Maybe I should start something directed at hipsters like "Artisan Craft Food and Cocktail Collective Night."  The word 'collective' is being thrown around like 'campus rape' these days.