• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros getting rid of that stupid hill

I'm sure that it seemed like a novel feature, but I considered it odd from the beginning. When I was at the University of Florida the old baseball park on campus had a hill in center field like that, and I never saw the point. All it did was make the CF's life more difficult.

I think I read somewhere that in addition to removing the hill that they are moving the fences in of all things.

Maybe they want to give Carter a shot at the single season HR mark.

Mainly the LCF/CF/RCF fence area, iirc

They had better not be moving in the LF and RF fences.

I like the novelty of the hill. Just something different that doesn't seem to pose much of a problem for anyone.

What I'd rather see them do fix the paint scheme of the left field wall. When there's a fly ball in that direction, you can't see it on tv because it's painted a cream color and the ball gets lost very easily.

I remember in a softball game at Lemon Park in Fullerton, before it had fences, I was playing left field. Some dude smashes the ball, I turn and run full speed, I've got a beat on the ball as I'm running, next thing I know I basically run full speed into the ground because there was a small hill. The ball hit off my glove as I was falling to the ground with my arm fully extended. I separated my shoulder on the play. So, I'm kind of ok with getting rid of the unique little hill in CF.

Went to dinner about ten years ago with a (now-retired) NL outfielder who's wife is a friend of my sister's. The hill in Houston was brought up. He was pretty candid about disliking it.