• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Draft Thread

I worry about Stewart because of his potentially fluffy body, but he's got a lot of things going for him and he knows how to work the strike zone.  He's also got baseball bloodlines, his Dad played in the Pads system back in the early 90s but his Dad's game was more about speed than his bat.  Still, I do worry about his conditioning..  Stewart has been getting progressively rounder as his college career has gone on.    

To his credit, he seems to lose some of the roundness as the season wears on.  But the kid likes to eat.

Bad body, slow, limited to LF...No thank you.

Bad body, slow, limited to LF...No thank you.

I was looking to see what Scotty may know..  I've only had limited glances at him and only seen him live once when they played Miami.  But I will tell you that a scout I know referred to him as a shorter, possibly fatter, easily faster, Jack Cust.

I was looking to see what Scotty may know..  I've only had limited glances at him and only seen him live once when they played Miami.  But I will tell you that a scout I know referred to him as a shorter, possibly fatter, easily faster, Jack Cust.

I think we need to let these people know a few things so they don't get their panties in a bunch later, IP. This is a really weak college class. The Angels have the 5th lowest draft pool to work with. We may get 2 really nice HS guys early on, hopefully Shumpert is one of them, but it's going to be filled with a bunch of guys who noone has heard of from colleges noone knew existed. 

I think we need to let these people know a few things so they don't get their panties in a bunch later, IP. This is a really weak college class. The Angels have the 5th lowest draft pool to work with. We may get 2 really nice HS guys early on, hopefully Shumpert is one of them, but it's going to be filled with a bunch of guys who noone has heard of from colleges noone knew existed. 

College seniors with no options and HS kids from East Hicksville Methodist Catholic Temple High School.

FTR, I dont mind seeing them attached to Trahan, and I think Oater mentioned Nathan Kirby in the minor league thread, Sophomore and a Jr respectively but, we could do a lot worse than those two.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'll be bummed if they take Trahan.

Asking because I enjoy your insights in the minor league forum -- what don't you like about Trahan?  or are they just guys you like more?   As Shane previously stated, this is kind of a meh draft.   As far as Trahan goes, I've been trying to read up as much as possible, I think the reason we are hearing the Angels connected to him may be due to make up issues -- apparently the kid is a red ass grinder.

Keith Law's insider mock draft thing...

He's got Brady Aiken falling out of the top 30 picks.  He's got Whitley gone at 15, Nathan Kirby going at pick 23, He's got us taking Scott Kingery, and DJ going at 30 to the Yanks.

Not that there is anything to any to it but, thats his most recent breakdown.

I've seen mock drafts with him slipping to the comp picks.

me too, but i don't believe it. if i'm wrong, then i'll acknowledge it later today. it seems ridiculous that last years number one would fall farther than top 15 over tommy john.

i should add if i am wrong and he did fall to the angels, it would be stupid not to take him. last years number one at twenty six? come on.

Edited by ukyah

me too, but i don't believe it. if i'm wrong, then i'll acknowledge it later today. it seems ridiculous that last years number one would fall farther than top 15 over tommy john.

i should add if i am wrong and he did fall to the angels, it would be stupid not to take him. last years number one at twenty six? come on.

I don't think you are wrong so much as the most recent info is saying that even during the TJ surgery there were issues.   The word prior to his injury was that the elbow was just a bit off... tendon's, ligaments, all smaller than usual and bad blood flow to the elbow.  Apparently the TJ wasn't as simple as most and as a result his reps have been letting well placed execs with teams look at the medicals.  

Aiken may just be a special case where teams are a bit scared off by what they are hearing/seeing in medicals.

I don't think you are wrong so much as the most recent info is saying that even during the TJ surgery there were issues.   The word prior to his injury was that the elbow was just a bit off... tendon's, ligaments, all smaller than usual and bad blood flow to the elbow.  Apparently the TJ wasn't as simple as most and as a result his reps have been letting well placed execs with teams look at the medicals.  

Aiken may just be a special case where teams are a bit scared off by what they are hearing/seeing in medicals.

that's interesting. i hadn't read any of that regarding some kind of congenital elbow defect. well, now i'm interested to see where he will go, specifically.

I worry about Stewart because of his potentially fluffy body, but he's got a lot of things going for him and he knows how to work the strike zone. He's also got baseball bloodlines, his Dad played in the Pads system back in the early 90s but his Dad's game was more about speed than his bat. Still, I do worry about his conditioning.. Stewart has been getting progressively rounder as his college career has gone on.

To his credit, he seems to lose some of the roundness as the season wears on. But the kid likes to eat.

Kirby Puckett and Tony Gwynn probably dropped a little for the same reason.

Or maybe because I'm a round guy myself...