• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

3 million fans?

Bob they were also home watching the games.....or at sports bars. Didn't see much halo flag waving around the OC over the last month like those Ducks car flags.

Also, Playoff Sports tickets and Hockey in general is more expensive (and better) than an Angel Game...

Just saying~

Yes, but in the playoffs there is a limited amount of games.  Angels stadium has almost 3 times the capacity of Honda Center and twice as many regular season home games.  Much much more supply.  For instance, the Wednesday 12:35 game against the astros has the cheapest adult ticket at $13.25 for the game.  I wish the Angels luck in selling more than 200 of those seats.  

Baseball in the City of Anaheim took a back seat to Playoff Hockey for 2-3 weeks. That is all how hard is that to figure out?

I've got buddies who have season seats for both. The Angels seats were given to work/business connections Hockey was reserved for their family.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying.  I just don't think it has the effect you think it does.  The Ducks playoff run does not account for an over 4K per game drop in attendance over the 1st 27 games of the season.  The Angels were coming off having the best record in baseball and their first playoff appearance in a few years.  People should've been pretty pumped for Angels baseball this year as compared to last. 

Also these are paid attendance numbers, I'm sure there were quite a few unused tickets during the Ducks playoff run.  

Baseball is generally slow and boring.

Beer is expensive at the Big A. The food isn't great.

The Angels after Trout, and lately Pujols aren't really worth watching. It's much easier to flip around the channels and come back when those dudes are up again.

I watch at home, but I'm not sitting in traffic, paying for parking, buying food and beer there, and sitting through three hours of baseball.

Many people have conflicts going on, late business, early kid stuff, it's just not as easy to roll to games.

Summer will make it easier to roll out there.

I'd go to 30-40 games a year when I was a kid, had season seats in my 20s, split season seats in my 30s with three other guys, now I'm lucky to go once a year. It has tailed off as life gets busier.

I remember I made a vow when I missed in 79, never to miss a home Angels playoff game. That was good until a few years ago, when I decided life was too busy, and i hated seeing us lose against the white sox in 03,04?

When comparing to last year through 27 home games we are over 4K less fans per game.  That was when school wasn't in session too.

When comparing to last year please remember they played both the NYC teams at home in April and May -- those games drew over 40K per each night, the same dates this year drew under 30K per.   Comparing this year to last, man...  nobody seems to want to go to Angels/Mariners games.

When comparing to last year please remember they played both the NYC teams at home in April and May -- those games drew over 40K per each night, the same dates this year drew under 30K per.   Comparing this year to last, man...  nobody seems to want to go to Angels/Mariners games.

Mets was the 1st weekend series of the year...cant compare to 1st friday of this year since it was opening day but 1st saturday this year drew more than that 1st saturday game against the Mets by over 4K fans.  Also the Yanks games this year wont draw nearly as many fans because last year was Jeter's last season.