• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Knowing what we know now

Serious question ... what does Hamilton need to do to be accountable for his actions? Curious to what you guys are thinking?

Not that hard, really.

A public apology to Arte, the Angels Organization for letting them down, and an apology to his 4 daughters for setting a terrible example as a father would be good enough for me.

Until then f**k the guy.

What I mean by Arte being accountable is hurting the team by making poor decisions, e.g. Hamilton but also Pujols. Who cares if he made the effort? If he traded Sean Newcomb for Ryan Howard would you applaud him for "Making the effort?"

No of course I wouldn't. He signed Hamilton and Albert for two different reasons and I don't mind that he signed them, I understood what he was trying to do. He signed Albert to help him elevate the status of the team and help him market the team, as well as hopefully give him a few fantastic seasons. Well he hasn't been Hall of Fame Albert, but he has been better than people give him credit for. As for Hamilton he signed him with the money he had allocated to sign Greinke. He figured a 2-4 of Trout, Albert and Hamilton would be incredible. Hamilton didn't live up to the hype. Since you brought up trading Newcomb for Howard, the only trade that has included highly thought of minor leaguers that has happened recently went to SD for Street, that has worked out pretty well. I do applaud Arte's efforts, the execution hasn't been what we would have hoped, but to ignore the reasoning would be a mistake.

What really tore it for me was his comment that Moreno "knew what he was getting" after his drug relapse. Not once did I ever hear him say anything like "I didn't produce as I had hoped", or "I regret how things turned out". If he had, I might have retained a microgram of compassion for him and his situation. Everything was about him, about "the poison I put in my body" (funny that he didn't have the same disdain for the street drugs he was using).

Not that hard, really.

A public apology to Arte, the Angels Organization for letting them down, and an apology to his 4 daughters for setting a terrible example as a father would be good enough for me.

Until then f**k the guy.

That's what I thought ... you got nothing.

Serious question ... what does Hamilton need to do to be accountable for his actions? Curious to what you guys are thinking?

When a person makes a mistake, the person should take responsibility for their actions... not blame others

When a person wrongs another person, they should apologize.

When a person fails to live up to commitments, they should not be rewarded for failing to do so

When a person does not want to be somewhere, they should be honest about it.

At a minimum he should have come out and apologized to all of the above for his actions and took responsibility as a man.

Hamilton manipulated this entire situation to get exactly what he wanted and without a single seconds thought of anyone else. As fans we cheered for him, His teammates looked to him, As an organization we counted on him, and he told us all to go pound sand.

If we got even half the man we thought we were getting we would not have the issues we have today... instead we have to go out and lose depth to replace his cowardly rear end.

Yes, im angry... i understand addition and such it has nothing whatever to do with all that, it has to do with being accountable as a man, and the aftermath he left our club in.

Edited by floplag

I'm as angry about the whole Josh situation as you guys are ... maybe for different reasons. His bat in the lineup was a really big deal going into the 2015 season.

Drug addiction is a disease not a excuse to do drugs. Death is really the only true cure to drug addition. Most recovering drug addicts will relapse ... it goes with the territory. The key is accountability himself/family/employer. Josh was very open and honest about his addiction with the Angels FO from everything I read.

Josh took the first step by reporting the incident to MLB/Angels. Angels viewed this incident as way to get out from underneath that horrible contract. According to the press the FO was bracing themselves for a suspension. Unfortunately it didn't happen for them and they went on full attack mode. The truth is that they were on full attack mode as soon as the incident was reported to MLB.

Angel fans have been on attack mode since the signing.

I have no doubt that Josh was remorseful for his actions and wanted to play for the team but the FO wanted no part of it. There're probably still trying to find a way out of his contract.

The team needs to find a power bat ASAP! If that happens ... then I like the our chances getting into the playoffs a lot better.

I'm as angry about the whole Josh situation as you guys are ... maybe for different reasons. His bat in the lineup was a really big deal going into the 2015 season.

Drug addiction is a disease not a excuse to do drugs. Death is really the only true cure to drug addition. Most recovering drug addicts will relapse ... it goes with the territory. The key is accountability himself/family/employer. Josh was very open and honest about his addiction with the Angels FO from everything I read.

Josh took the first step by reporting the incident to MLB/Angels. Angels viewed this incident as way to get out from underneath that horrible contract. According to the press the FO was bracing themselves for a suspension. Unfortunately it didn't happen for them and they went on full attack mode. The truth is that they were on full attack mode as soon as the incident was reported to MLB.

Angel fans have been on attack mode since the signing.

I have no doubt that Josh was remorseful for his actions and wanted to play for the team but the FO wanted no part of it. There're probably still trying to find a way out of his contract.

The team needs to find a power bat ASAP! If that happens ... then I like the our chances getting into the playoffs a lot better.

I'm sorry, but Bull.. He didnt take any steps, he covered his own arse.

Taking steps include accountability, owning up to it, and acknowledging your own actions.

There are addicts that take responsibility and get clean, and there are those that blame everything and everyone else and always relapse.

Yes, its a disease, but when you add in sociopathy and selfishness it makes that disease even worse.

Stop making excuses for him, its pathetic. Ive known addicts, i lost my mother to addiction, i get it... but his actions are his own, period. He has done nothing but blame everyone else around him ever since and taken precisely ZERO responsibility, its like a petulant child that left our organization borked in his wake.

As for our chances i agree.. but now we have to do it by losing a good young pitcher we worked so hard to get depth on when we thought we already HAD that player in him .

Edited by floplag