• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Security at Minute Maid Park

Right to carry State? Not sure if they allow certain people to carry inside the stadium with a gun permit. Maybe an undercover cop? Weird.

Twitter comments get even scarier.

Betsy Soto â€@BLySoto  1h

@StevenMiori I accidentally carried my gun into #minutemaidpark in my purse. It made me wonder how many others had their guns too.

Mothers day at Angel stadium I was entering at gate 3 right when they opened to attend the brunch they put on. The metal detectors on one side wern't even plugged in. They realized this after about 10 minutes of letting people walk through them just as I was about to go through, pretty embarrassing. They also check bags a lot less thoroughly than in the past.

metal detectors and bag checks aren't stopping anything. if i wanted to i could get a handgun into the big A easy. as an exercise, i snuck into the big A last year during the playoffs. i had my two tickets in my pocket.

metal detectors and bag checks aren't stopping anything. if i wanted to i could get a handgun into the big A easy. as an exercise, i snuck into the big A last year during the playoffs. i had my two tickets in my pocket. Next year I'll make sure I invite Tank to sneak in with me 'cause that guy rocks.

thanks, ukyah. looking forward to it.

The world is safer when the good people have more guns tHan the bad people.

That being said, rules is rules and if the MLB doesn't want them in the park then so be it.

My only issue with these kinds of articles is it exposes weakness in the security and gives people ideas to take advantage. Not something I wanna start hearing about.

Undercover cops don't shove their guns into their waistline like that.

I wouldn't suggest anybody shove a gun into their waistline unless you wanna shoot off your dick or put a bullet through your leg.

thanks, ukyah. looking forward to it.

lol. don't get me wrong. i'm not the type of dude to do something stupid like that. i'm just saying, in almost all cases, security checks of this type are an illusion for comfort. mlb (or tsa, whomever) look better for doing it and the fans in general feel like they're being protected.

Ya getting a weapon into the Big A would not take much effort.

With Disneyland as well... About two years ago I took my ex to Disneyland I had a drawstring backpack and she had a little purse. A "Security guard" the man was about 65-70 years old opened my bag for all of a second and then closed it. Scary to think i could have brought in a gun without hesitation. Probably still could today .. just sad..

I am no heckler for stricter gun laws, believe me i could give two sh+ts what either side has to say but when it comes to public events and parks such as these, security especially in today's society should be at an all time high

metal detectors and bag checks aren't stopping anything. if i wanted to i could get a handgun into the big A easy. as an exercise, i snuck into the big A last year during the playoffs. i had my two tickets in my pocket.

The bag checks at most stadiums are primarily interested in preventing people from bringing in their own food and beverages (One workaround for this is to get a sunscreen flask)

Edited by ScottLux

In terms of Disneyland, I've heard from numerous people who work there that they have amazing security...but it's not in the bag check area. They've got all sorts of cameras and plainclothes officers and surveillance techniques and such that the average guest will never see, notice or know about. Even on the rides they are actively monitoring every single inch of the track, and there have been cases where people have vandalized or done other stupid things on the ride, and have been shocked to find security and the police waiting for them at the ride exit.

Bag check is the superfluous "look, we're doing something, and yes, we just might catch something dangerous every once in a while" security theater. However, I've also heard that there are a number of ex-police officers, etc. who are employed at the gates and bag check, so while they look like friendly seniors, they're actually sharp as a tack and looking out for things you don't even know about. And the real deal heavy security is out of sight.

Sad but true, though, that if someone really wanted to get a weapon into a major tourist area or sports arena, they'd probably be able to do so.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

correct me if i'm wrong, but security at disneyland changed after 9/11, right? i remember hearing that al qaeda and his boys might possible target places with lots of people, and disneyland was one of those mentioned.